The Definitive Underated Thread

Batman

This is THE definitive underated thread! Its about absolutely ANYTHING underated in music! A band, a musician, a song, album, concert, instrument, chord, anything!

So here's my list (that I can think of)

-John Paul Jones

-the Bass in general

-Flutes (they are the best part of Stairway)

-Black Mountain Side by Led Zeppelin

-Sitars

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dream Theater. If you aren't listeing to them by now (and are a regular on this board) you are a god awefull person and need to have your face eaten by rabbid badgers.

After all this talk about them I finally got one of their CD's. It was "Metropolis 2: Scenes From A Memory." I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but so far its great!

I havn't heard them..sorry, what style of music are they?

They're this Prog-Metal outfit that Metal heads go ga-ga over. If you dig Rainbow, Dio, Iron Maiden, Yngwie Malmsteen with the high aspects of Prog Rock, then this should be your cup o' tea :drummer:

Yngwie Malmsteen...now there's an overrated guitarist if ever there was one. I saw him in 86, when he opened for Maiden, and let me tell you folks, it's all smoke and mirrors. If it weren't for all his foot pedals and effects, he'd be nothing.

After all this talk about them I finally got one of their CD's. It was "Metropolis 2: Scenes From A Memory." I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but so far its great!

I love that album! The whole thing is one whole song, and in total it's over an hour in length!

Bass is underrated in some songs

The Divine Comedy is an underrated band along with Dream Theater

Believe it or not, I came to this thread this time solely for the purpose of adding one very underrated singer, songwriter and guitarist -- the great Paul Rodgers. He has been successful with no less than three major bands and as a solo artist. Yet he still doesn't get the recognition that many flash-in-the-pan artists receive. He has a great voice, writes great songs, and plays a great guitar. Plain and simple, the guy rocks.

:rockon: :rockon:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: