Bad Movies

Batman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently saw "The Terminal" starring Tom Hanks & Catherine Zeta-Jones, the movie was given a good review during the previews, but after trying to watch it, I was completely bored. He practically lives at the airport & the main focus is just based on that it seems like. It was an incredibly slow movie with little plot.

You might enjoy it, if you don't mind movies that focus almost entirely on being stranded at an airport. Castaway was somewhat boring in my opinion, but much better than Terminal, as he was in a life or death situation. There wasn't really anything original or ground breaking in this film, and in a way is comparable to Bill Murray's "Lost in Translation", both being highly credited with seemingly dull plots.

Not really. I like long movies. I hate the way most directors/studios trim them down to make it more accesible to the masses.

You're probably a fan of Berlin Alexanderplatz and Heimat. Both reputed to be the longest films ever made: One going for about 9 hours and the latter, I think, toppling over 30 hours recounting the story of a German family from generation to generation :beatnik:

Blasphemy! Whoever pans Lost In Translation is truly lost in its story :: A pox on their film collection until they realize the error of their ways.

Facets Multimedia in Chicago has them for rent, I think. They're on VHS format. Berlin did get a theatre screening with intermissions (so the whole shebang lasted more than 9 hours! Think of Wagner operas!), but I don't think Heimat got the same deal; instead it was shown like Roots was shown here :afro:

Oops! I just checked! It's a combined 30 hours when you include Heimat II =:P 15 hours is still pretty long, though ::

I would love to see the 30 hour movie. Was it good? A bad movie I think was the Matrix Reloaded. That is is the case with most sequels though. And Scott, I do agree, Waterworld sucked. I tuned in towards the end and had no idea what was going on, but I remember laughing like crazy it was so dumb. I heard somewhere that this was the most expensive movie Hollywood ever made. Boy, what a waste of money.

I mentioned on another thread that I hated "Event Horizon". "Solaris" was booooring. Episodes 1 and 2 of Star Wars (Natalie Portman is a cutie, but even the androids are less monotone than her).

I know, they're all sci-fi. I'm not a sci-fi geek, really. As far as non sci-fi movies..."I Love Trouble" was one of the worst and "Godfather 3" (except for Andy Garcia...I'll watch that man read the phonebook!!!)

I hope you're referring to the American re-make of Andrey Tarkovsky's Solaris, which is ubersuperior to the Hollywood re-make. Actually, it's a decent re-make, but didn't really need to be made in the first place.

If you guys and gals want some lurid trash, watch David Hamilton's Laura: Shades Of Summer (Laura, Les Ombres De L'Ete). I didn't think this sort of thing could be officially filmed, but there it was (made in 1979, I think). The film mainly served to push his photography exhibitions. I don't think it takes too much to think and judge the artistic merit of his work since the subject matter is very simple (albeit trashy and taboo). Hey, but Calvin Klein and Abercrombie & Fitch took a lot of inspiration from this sort of thing and their stuff sells like hotcakes from the controversy it gets in the US :beatnik:

Episodes 1 and 2 of Star Wars (Natalie Portman is a cutie, but even the androids are less monotone than her).

I SO agree Jenny! I couldn't understand why she was always talking like that when she was in her "Queen" or "Senetor" outfit, but then completely normal when she was dressed as Padame. It was super annoying!!!

I hope you're referring to the American re-make of Andrey Tarkovsky's Solaris, which is ubersuperior to the Hollywood re-make. Actually, it's a decent re-make, but didn't really need to be made in the first place.

Yep, I mean the George Clooney one. Not even his naked butt could save that one