SF Fantasy Baseball V: 2009 Season

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow ! I've counted at least 5 complete game shutouts in the last 2 days and a no-hitter tonight in SF by a relatively unknown- Sanchez (3-8 ). They are cool because they can really shake up the standings , and have . :thumbsup:

Sadly , none of them were for my teams , however ... :P

It's up to you , MC , but I've noticed a few of your benched players giving up points that I , or anyone , would envy , but you haven't seemed to give them a try . I won't blow smoke up your a*s and say you could win this , but I do feel that a little more care to team management would certainly improve your lot .

It's the All-Star Break , so time to take a break and re-evaluate . As Lucky is just crushing us in the points league , I've wondered if would should just declare her queen and restart for the next half ?

I'm willing to play it out , too . I just saw that registration for a mid-season league is possible on the main page a few days ago , and thought it could be an option if some are feeling too discouraged .This is the largest lead we've had by the All-star break , and that team of yours is truly a monster ,Lucky - well done . Perhaps slipping in 2 points league games this season may refresh interest for some ?

Let us know what you think . I see that Sammy is really surging in the last week or so though , and could be on your trail soon if his bunch keep it up ...

--------

For the H2H League from Yahoo Baseball:

League Notes:

Due to the reduced number of games played during All Star week, innings-pitched requirements are waived from Monday, Jul 13 through Sunday, Jul 19. Active pitchers will be credited with all stats earned during this period regardless of total innings pitched, although at least one pitching appearance is required to win ERA and/or WHIP.

Enjoy the All-Star break everyone, but don't forget to set players for Thursday .

Ok with me, too ,Phil . I just wondered if others were getting discouraged ( in either league or both ) and/ or losing interest and whether or not a second session would boost interest , if necessary . Thanks for your input . :thumbsup: ,

Big day for Laurie ! 43.5 points just from batters and only 0.67 from pitching to top the standings today . :o:( :thumbsup:

:doh: So ,of course , Lucky has to go out the next day and top that with 47.5 ( and counting ) batting points of her own ! :laughing:

...and one of my closers just went on the DL with pneumonia !?! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...