SF Fantasy Baseball V: 2009 Season

Kevin

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait.. Fantasy Football starts in September? Count me in if you need one more player.

Lea, I played Baseball last year - I don't know the first thing about baseball and I certainly don't keep it up with it in any way, but it was still fun ;) And I'm told football is easier.

As for reading the thread because it;s fun - when I played, the thread was dead! :/

Edited by Guest
to complain about the dead thread

Why not? It's an imaginary team.

I take it that as a 'yes' then ... correct ? :)

... and your chances of winning it all are also imaginary , and what , with the steroid allegations and all and that shooting at the block party ... tsk , tsk ! :D

Glad to have you Joe and Seeker . Are you gonna need a lot of help to get going Seeker or do you think you can manage ? I don't mean to put you on the spot , but I do need to know how much time I have available ( with the holiday coming ) . The game is ( basically ) much the same, but PT me if you want some help . I think I'll get this going this week then . Look for a football thread . So we got , by my count , 11 - we need an even number to register , but the 'dummy team' option is always in play .

:laughing: :laughing: Well , for football , you only have to be on the ball once a week - get it ? 'On the ball ' ? Laurie ! I'm going to kill you - I want my sense of humor back - or at least what I thought was funny ! :( :laughing:

So , I'm counting 8 : Kevin , Lucky , Phil , Sammy , RJ , CJ , MC ,Carl + Shawna ,if she's serious . Yeah ? Just chime in in if this isn't correct .

9 counting Seeker . Shawna ; speak now or forever hold your peace , and Joe ; get off the JD and sign up .

Ouch , Laurie ! You left nearly 60 points on your bench today by not putting in starting pitchers . :o Be sure to leave someone in the SP or P spots- even if they are not playing . No big deal ,everyone does it sometimes , but today was a big kick in the rump for your guys and you are doing so well this year .

I'd suggest never leaving a starting position empty if you can at all avoid it . That way if you do get busy and/or forget to set the daily roster , at least there is a chance someone will be able to generate points for you . The only reason one would intentionally do so is if they have overused that position and are trying to reduce the games/innings they are over . This isn't much of a concern until a little later though ( see chart at the bottom of your roster page ). I see you are a little over on your innings pitched ( +26.5 ) , so there is an upside as your innings used came down , at least .

Everyone overlooks a starting day ' ^ ' for a pitcher occasionally , though. I left C.Carpenter on the bench earlier this week and threw away 18 points this week myself . :D

Edited by Guest