SF Fantasy Baseball V: 2009 Season

Kevin

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Meats and Cheeses are ahead, and it's pitching that is making the difference. He's got 3 pitchers starting today, I've got Carpenter. All I can do is hope he pulls an amazing # of points out of his a$$, or Carl's got it. Good lord. I'm not gonna have an fingernails left. This, and football too? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Well , Lucky , you can take it easy now in baseball . In Head to Head , you seem to have clinched the 5th place spot and in points since no one could catch you even if Jesus became a free agent today . :D Phil can also take a break from head to head as he clinched 6th , though he is still free to throw a fit and cut guys ( I think ) to show his displeasure with them .

Oddly , RJ and MC are matched up again this week to play for for 7th and 8th place , so get players back in their roster spots if you guys care to -if only to stay out of the basement.

Sammy and Carl play for 3rd and 4th this week also .

Edited by Guest

Yeah guys, good luck! phil, I'll trade with you, maybe we could put together a winning team. :D

I really do wish I hadn't gotten so far ahead in the points. That hasn't been much fun. I'd rather watch y'all's progression. But that is a pretty nifty team I've got, huh? ;)

Good luck again! :thumbsup:

Just a reminder to all match ups still playing head to head playoffs : your final series' last two weeks ending Oct.4 th rather than the usual one week long game , so don't give up come this Sunday and plan accordingly .

---

Re:trades : The trading deadline was Aug.16th , so no more trading can take place .

What's with the 'attitude' , MC ? :stars: :D

We've got a decent final now as the boys have rallied . CJ has ( cleverly , and well played ) loaded up with the current hotshots while I'm 'still dancing with who brung me, swinging with who swung me ' ... :cool: :thumbsup: I was getting skunked 12-2 at the beginning of the week though , and was ready to give up the ghost ... :P All bets are off , though , but were I to do so , I'd bet on CJ as he has taught me a good lesson about how to play the playoffs . :bow: :thumbsup:

Sleep , I need sleep ... I've spent the entire morning each day this week dealing with this 'monster ' ... can't even sleep thinking I've made the wrong moves ... ! CJ ; you are a basta*d and and a worthy opponent . What looks good for me-on paper- could fall like a house of cards in a single poor day .

Well , thanks again to everyone for putting in the effort to keep playing through a long season ... It's over now ... enjoy yourselves - and I say holiday in Barbados , now, yeah ? ( you have to pay your own way though-unless Carl is coughing up ... ) .

Points : Congrats , Lucky ! Hell of a team that just couldn't be beat - even by the all-star break. We loved your domination and occasional sympathy , oh mistress of the night ! ME-OW! You are now , if not known before , a damn dangerous opponent ! Congrats , as well , to CJ for third .

Head-to head : Congrats to CJ for second and Sammy , for third - for playing like a champs to the end ! The final result was in doubt for most of the time , and it was fun .

Well done all ; you gave it a real go , and I hope to see you all next year . This game is no small commitment and not for those full of wind, and I'm grateful all were able to give it their best; day in and day out . The playoffs were especially exciting , and unpredictable , this year ! :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

Head-to head : Congrats to CJ for second and Sammy , for third -

What?! I didn't win?! Wow, I'm losing my fantasy skills almost as quick as I'm losing my math skills. So, who won, anyway?

Ahh, don't tell me Kevin won. Man, that just sucks! Oh well, congratulations, Kev. You deserve one, after so many years of developing the league and just as many years struggling to win it. Way to go, buddy.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: