The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #145

Lucky

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the benefit of those who may not understand these things:

"the three-day week" refers to a period of British history, in the 1970s, when the working week was reduced from 5 days to 3. And not so that people could enjoy more leisure time, either. It was something to do with economic recession, fuel prices / shortages, etc. preventing domestic industry from running continuously throughout the week. Generally seen to represent one of the distinct troughs in modern British history.

the "dole" refers to "unemployment benefit", the dole office is the dreary s**thole one would have to attend each fortnight to collect ones dole-cheque. It would be particularly poignant and symbolic for fathers and sons to be waiting in the same dole queue.That was "Thatcher's Britain" for you.

"summat", I word I use regularly myself, is northern-speak for "something".

Sorry Fin but my money would be on BF as well. Experience counts in this case and besides you don't strike me as someone that would want to hit anybody. Your very mild mannered in my opinion :D

BF on the other hand is at an age where he would probably like to smack alot of people :laughing: Funny how us old fogies have less patience for things as we age ;)

Which Oasis fans ripped Live Forever? On here? Are you sure? :P

I know it wasn't you, Dude; I remember you had it as your #1. I didn't even rank it that high that week. Maybe nobody "ripped" it...just didn't score high enough. I think it just missed out by a few points. Bummer.

But I am confident it will make the Top Ten this week....although it does have a LOT of competition this time. Some wicked cool noms this week.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Innuendo - Queen

Rediscovered this one on somebody's PTT this week ;)

No offense man, but it may be too soon for this nom, since it is currently running. My concern is that you will lose the "Didn't vote for it a minute ago - I can thin out my list by also eliminating it on this list too" syndrome.

The Littlest Birds - The Be Good Tanyas

Delta Lady - Leon Russell

The second time you listen to this Russel song, isolate the back up vocals .. outstanding!

No offense man, but it may be too soon for this nom, since it is currently running. My concern is that you will lose the "Didn't vote for it a minute ago - I can thin out my list by also eliminating it on this list too" syndrome.

I nominated "Out of Time-Rolling Stones" the same week it was in my PTT. It made it to #2 on the PTT and #1 on the weekly ten.