The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #145

Lucky

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since FNM and PJ are already nominated I had to rethink my nominations too :P

Bill Murray ~ Gorillaz (2007) Video

I bet you the title makes you click the link, and I also bet it's not what you expected :D

It's Saturday ~ Marcy Playground (1998) Video

song starts around 0:45, after the obnoxious Capitol Records ad :P

sorry 'bout that

nice song though :headphones:

Yeah I was actually disappointed that one week Live Forever didn't make it in. I remember consulting you guys about it in the Shout box.

It missed by three points. The Beatles were nominated that round, so I supposea #12 standing is pretty good in that case. My shifting it up one spot wouldn't have done much good though, so I don't have to feel guilty about putting it at #2 on my list.

It's not my fault. I nominated "Live Forever" quite a while ago, and, if I remember correctly, Oasis fans ripped it. It's their best song.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

If it makes the Ten, I can contribute a SongFact for it: I was reading an interview with Noel Gallagher just yesterday, in which he commented on the motivation for "Live Forever".

I can't imagine ever being interested in anything Liam has to say: the guy's a moron.

Noel, on the other hand, does quite good interview; interesting, entertaining, occasionally insightful / wise. Although he can be a tad repetitive. He can be a bit repetitive.

yes, I know ;) that's why I was relieved when I saw it was from him :D

at first I just saw that there was an interview (with whoever) from Ovtober '08 already in the facts...

You CAN tell us now, you know. Now you've got me curious.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ok. Here goes: "Live Forever, still Gallagher's favourite Oasis song, is about the invincibility of youth. He wrote it as a riposte to a song by Nirvana, the morbid grunge band, whose frontman Kurt Cobain went on to kill himself. "I heard this song called I Hate Myself And I Want To Die and I thought, I'm not having that, I cannot have this American rock star who everybody is lauding as a genius with all the money in the world sitting there in his mansion on smack saying that. What d'you want to die for?"

(Quote from the Guardian newspaper, Sat 6th Dec, 2008)

Link to complete article