The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #132

Lucky

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah I see ! Thanks Viaene. And that was up to TT #125, Shawna?

What I'd really like to know how many #2s I've had.

Sorry Darryl, I did not see this until just now...

you've managed to land a whopping 18 Number Twos on the list.

And these stats went through last week's list, which was #131...

Wild! My most unfancied nomination (the Mansun one) made the Ten, even though I didn't manage to vote for it myself. :crazy:

The video sold it to me.

I hesitated voting for it on that basis, but hell, bazooka is a "Maverick".

[smaller] The song standing alone doesn't knock me out. [/smaller]

Sorry Darryl, I did not see this until just now...

you've managed to land a whopping 18 Number Twos on the list.

And these stats went through last week's list, which was #131...

:) Thanks Shawna.

I knew I had a lot of #2s, which is enough to drive you (wait for it).... potty. ;)

So here's a question. At the risk of sounding like Chris (love you, brother), did anyone listen to my Kid Rock nomination? Or did you just see Kid Rock and say, "Thanks, but no thanks"? It's not rap, it's him singing. And of course if it's not your cup of tea, fine. But it just seems like at least one other redneck, country lovin' person around here would at least throw it a point or two.

Just wondering...

No no, Peachy, I like Kid Rock and I like this song. I couldn't squeeze it into my ten. :P

I do think he's much better than he's given credit for. He missed his time, cause he's so reminiscent of Skynyrd. I love the Sheryl Crowe duet 'specialy! I may nominate it at some point. Come to think of it, I like Sheryl Crowe quite a lot as well.

I thought as resident redneck country lovin' person I better say something! :blush: ;)

Edited by Guest

did anyone listen to my Kid Rock nomination?

I did, Peachy. It´s a very beautiful ballad and I was surprised, I had never listened to Kid Rock... I just saw him on some CSI episode and knew about him through the press... It would have been in my list if there had not been so many songs I liked... I voted for Murray Head in the 10th place as "One Night In Bangkok" reminds me so much of my disco days... :)

MANSUN!!!!!!

You do not fancy it? :puppyeyes:

"Unfancied" is gambling parlance for "highly unlikely to do very well / not worth placing a bet on". When I nominated it, I thought it had an ice-cream in Hades chance of making the Ten. Next to my other other nomination, an International Super-Hit", it was most definitely my "most unfancied nomination".

So here's a question. At the risk of sounding like Chris (love you, brother), did anyone listen to my Kid Rock nomination? Or did you just see Kid Rock and say, "Thanks, but no thanks"? It's not rap, it's him singing. And of course if it's not your cup of tea, fine. But it just seems like at least one other redneck, country lovin' person around here would at least throw it a point or two.

Just wondering...

Peaches, I do listen to the songs that people put up. Kid Rock just didn't make my list.

What I can't figure out is why my nom "Bolero" didn't make #1 on the list ;);). I knew I should have nominated Bethoven. :D:D

Edited by Guest

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

"Bolero" would also had been in my list... if we had a Top 15... :shades:

I always listen to the nominations before I vote, my friends. All of them (except the ones thatI love and have my vote already... as we did before youtube. Or Phil Collins. Or the ones I know and I dislike) I take one or two hours for myself, ask -politely- for the PC and then listen to each and every song. As there are many I don´t know, I make comments about the on a sheet of paper. I even listen twice when I doubt... :P

I discover gems among the songs you nominate. I love Bazooka´s nomination of Calexico...

Of course, if I could youtube in my computer, it would be easier... :/

Just wondering...

I guess I'm the only one who falls into the "thanks, but no thanks" category :blush:

sorry, I'm just not a fan of him :crazy: