SF Fantasy Football 2008

Kevin

Ok , thanks CJ ! That's two in .

I just checked and see that the NFL season begins Thurs. Sept 4th , so I hope we can get a draft going at least a week prior to that date ( Aug. 28th ) so that people can make adjustments , propose and make trades, etc . if necessary .

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great ! Everyone has signed up . I'll set the draft on Wed . morning here , then , ( Tue. evening U.S. time ) to give people a chance to set their draft order , if they wish - though you needn't do so .

If this is too soon and you need a little more time , post here or PT me and we'll hold off a bit longer .

There is a possibility of some interruptions in SF service this week as the site seems to be having some problems . If this does occur suddenly and for an extended amount of time before the draft is to be held , please go to the Yahoo! League page for info on the message board there .

Otherwise , we will still go ahead with the draft as scheduled above (^) . I will call for the draft around 12pm. EST TUESDAY in the US. There will still be a delay of a few hours or more before anything will happen , though , and you can adjust your draft picks until then .

Alternatively , we can delay our draft until later this week if people prefer that , as well .

Thoughts? Comments ?

A few more days wouldn't hurt to prepare, and there will still be enough time for trades before the season. But I'll go whenever everyone else is ready.

I can live with that, too , CJ , but I would definitely want to wrap it up before Friday . There is a note from the League office on the main page stating that Leagues that don't get their drafts finished By Sept. 1 will have to start counting from week 2 ( and there could be a processing delay if lots of people wait until the last minute ) . I'll wait a bit for a few other comments - if there are any - and perhaps we can bump it up another day or two .

Generally speaking , there isn't usually a lot of trading prior to the first week as people usually will give their existing team a try , but do need a bit of time for waiver substitutions perhaps .

I'm going to make an executive decision to take any possible pressure off everyone and set the draft now for Thursday , Aug.28 , 12:00 pm EST. This gives everyone most of the coming week to get this info and prepare their draft order . I'm concerned that someone won't have a chance to see my earlier draft notice as well as prepare, so this works out well as a compromise , I think . We should have our teams sometime on Friday , then - possibly Saturday .

Do keep in mind the earlier info regarding potential SF site problems and the use of our league's message board . I will check both before I set the draft , but I'd really like to go ahead with this date , barring some serious difficulties with it .

One other note for new players to our league : Unlike standard Yahoo! Fantasy Football , we also include 2 defensive players along with a team defense on our rosters . Check the scoring menu to see our point system as it is also is a bit different .

Anyone buying (or trying to buy) the stat tracker? I'm having the same problem as last year, it won't allow it, says there is a problem with my form of payment (which is the same as last year, and there isn't a problem with). I did eventually get it to go through last year, hopefully it will again. I assume it's the number of people using the thing. How very annoying. :mad:

Though you can spend your money as you wish , dear , I personally think it's a waste for football . With only a bunch of games on Sunday and one on Monday- for only 16 weeks- it's cheaper , IMO , to just check the scores directly as they are playing or after the games and do a rough count myself . For baseball , with games everyday , it is sweet .

This is so bizarre. Kevin's actually making rational statements. OK, who wrote that for him?

*WANTED *

Philly punk who talks a big game but can't/won't play it . Goes by the name of 'Joe' ; aka Pablo Martinez ; aka Yusef Nabilrooster

Reward : Zero - just the satisfaction of tuning him in .

My money is on the 'Meat & Cheeses' to win it all, with "CeeCee's Riders" finishing 2nd place.

They have the best offense in the league.

My team will finish in the bottom 3, I have the worst overall offense, but one of the best defenses. I wasted my first round pick on my favorite player that I desperately wanted, he should've been a projected 4th round choice.