The One-Hit Ten

Levis

The [big]Special Tens[/big] are BACK!

And today's theme is ...... :drummer:

[big]One Hit Wonders![/big]

This time around, all you have to do is nominate two 'hits' by artists who are considered to be One-hit wonders. Though everyone knows what constitutes a hit and what a one-hit wonder is, we here at Songfacts believe in precision and high standards of service. Ergo... by one-hit wonder, what we refer to is an artist who has had only one song of theirs make the charts (the top 40 in the USA and the top 75 in the UK). Nominate two such songs and you're set.

The possibities are endless ;) Show me what you got! :headphones:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though everyone knows what constitutes a hit and what a one-hit wonder is, we here at Songfacts believe in precision and high standards of service. Ergo... by one-hit wonder, what we refer to is an artist who has had only one song of theirs make the charts (the top 40 in the USA and the top 75 in the UK).

Are we going to be sticklers?

This will take some research.

I was ready to nominate Do You Know What I Mean by Lee Michaels ( [smallest]a #6 in 1971 [/smallest]), but it turns out he also cracked the Top 40 with a cover of Can I Get A Witness.

sorry bazooka, but let's keep this as simple as possible... meaning:

please select an artist that had only ONE Top 40 song (in the US) or only ONE Top 75 song (in the UK)

(I'm sure there are still a couple hundreds to choose from ;) )

PS just to clarify this again:

this is a SPECIAL Top Ten, meaning you can nominate ANY song (within the rules), regardless whether they already were in a regular Top Ten or not :)

:thumbsup:

:laughing: :laughing: I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you.

How long do we have to post nominations?

With the specials you've got a lot more time for everything than with the normal tens, so you've got time till next week.

By the look of it you'd better hurry though... I won't wait much longer or else I'll have to keep thinking of new songs! ;)

Edited by Guest
I was too slow because my browser crashed and everything froze and it was slow and while I included the quote I realised I might as well do something about the typos and include a smiley and I hope this explanation will do