That's Country

Lucky

I've been thinking a lot about Country songs I like. It's not a genre that I listen to, but here are some newer songs that have caught my ear:

Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood

Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw

In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride

And one from an artist that I can't believe no one has mentioned yet:

Trail of Broken Hearts - k.d. lang

I also like Patsy Cline and some Kenny Rogers. In the early '80's, there was a lot of country/pop crossover so I remember a lot of country artists like Dolly Parton, Crystal Gayle and Eddie Rabbitt getting played on Top 40 radio. I was also a fan of Sawyer Brown when they were competing on Star Search...anyone remember that?

Sawyer Brown went on to have a pretty good career and they still tour. I saw them in concert twice in the early 90's and they put on a great show.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And one from an artist that I can't believe no one has mentioned yet:

Trail of Broken Hearts - k.d. lang

This is the song: Trail of Broken Hearts

k.d. lang has one of the most beautiful voices on earth. She's an interesting artist, having recorded successfully in many genre's from Country, to Pop, and light jazz. She's another artist that is much in demand for duets, with everyone from Roy Orbison (their rendition of "Crying" is beautiful), to Tony Bennett. She works very well as an addition to the Crossover thread!

Mark's Song

I just heard this song tonight, and amazing lyrics, music, and voices. Be prepared for a tear or two when you listen. It is a beautiful song. I don't like the video that goes with it on youtube, but it is all they have for the song. The group is Eastmountainsouth. They are country/folk and I like their sound.

Check them out....

A country group today that I really enjoy is Little Big Town. I have said before on here that their harmonies remind me somewhat of Fleetwood Mac. In fact,last year they did a show on CMT called Crossroads where they performed with Lindsey Buckingham doing several Fleetwood Mac songs. The sound they produced was amazing.

Some Little Big Town songs to check out are "Boondocks","Bring It On Home","Good As Gone" and my favorite,"I'm With The Band". Good stuff. :thumbsup:

bazooka, of course it is! You know that, I think. Country isn't just the old twang, or the stuff that pours out of Nashville.... Commander Cody, to me would fall into the same gray area as The Flying Burrito Brothers, and then later Gram Parsons. A little too Rock to be called completely Country, a little too Country to be called Rock. But it's not Country Rock. Clear as mud?? ;)

I like rascal flatts and boondocks...they are my fav country bands..I don't listen to much country but I still have my fav country bands. I don't like hard rock though...I like easy rock. Has anyone heard of Savaga Garden if so then don't hesitate to tell me. I havn't talked to anyone that knows them as good as me so...we'll have a great time though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vince Gill is my all time favorite. His voice and how gorgeous he is and his personality, he is just a good 'ole boy as he said when I saw him in concert. Also like listening to...Trisha Yearwood, Kelly Willis, Shelby Lynne, Gary Morris, Sugarland, Rascal Flatts, Restless Heart those are the ones I listen to often, haven't really checked out many of the new acts.

Vince got himself a Grammy tonight! :bow:

• 6 months later...