Rascal Flatts - Faith In Love

Trisha Yearwood - She Can't Save Him

Carol King Everyday People

Kenny Chesney - Every Other Weekend

Vince Gill - These Broken Hearts

Faith Hill - Sleeping With The Telephone

Justin Timberlake - The Only Promise That Remains

Don Henley Break - Each Others Hearts Again

This looks like a good album, goes on my Christmans list. Thanks for the heads up Blue! :)

Leann Rimes and Reba did their duet on the CMA's. It was the first I'd heard of the new album, but it sounded great! Reba is somewhat the Loretta or Tammy of this generation. She's had a long career, and no signs of stopping, television or not. She's had her personal trials and tribulations as well, just like them, from her personal life to the loss of her band in an airplane crash.

Going back to some of the artists that Blue was talking about, in the Gillian Welch vein, Emmylou Harris is an artist with a lot wider appeal than just the "typical" Country audience, and she's been around since the late 60's. She's performed and recorded with everyone from Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison to Mark Knopfler and the Pretenders. Of course, her most famous association was with Gram Parsons. Her music crosses all lines. She's a musician, singer/songwriter, and bandleader. She's terribly interesting and, I've always thought, classy, besides being one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

If anyone has the time, read wiki and check her out. Jump ahead to her later and current years, and you might be interested enough to read the rest.

Emmylou performing Gillian Welch

That's for Mr Fitter. ;)

I almost forgot the most important thing, that I personally love about her. She has a very sweet, traditional country voice. No matter what song she happens to be singing, or who she may be singing with, her voice gives that song a distinct quality that is immediatly recognizable, and makes the song hers.

Edited by Guest

Leann Rimes and Reba did their duet on the CMA's. It was the first I'd heard of the new album, but it sounded great! Reba is somewhat the Loretta or Tammy of this generation. She's had a long career, and no signs of stopping, television or not. She's had her personal trials and tribulations as well, just like them, from her personal life to the loss of her band in an airplane crash.

I didn't think she had retired, Reba that is, just wondering where her career was at this time. For awhile she was always in country music news. And in country music artists seem to be more in the spotlight longer than in some other genres of music. And I think that is due to their fan base, country music fans are true blue and love their stars. And that is a compliment before anyone flips out. :)

As for Gillian Welch, b-f told me about her long time ago and I enjoy her music.

In Reba's early years she was considered to be a traditional country singer.She was very popular within the "Nashville establishment" because of it. She was often found hosting country award shows and being a spokesperson for country music as a whole. However,around the time of the late 80's,early 90's,Reba began to branch out a little and also she began her "big hair/big production" style concerts and because of that,she somewhat fell out of favour with the powers to be of Nashville. It got to the point that even her music,which was still very good,wasn't being nominated for awards and her hosting days were over for awhile. To some who maybe didn't follow country music all that much,it did appear that she had almost fallen off the country music map. But she was still very busy doing concerts and making music as well as Broadway shows and of course her TV show. Reba today is once again getting the respect she deserves because of the changes within country music. No question,Reba has played a huge part in the success of country music over the past 15-20 years.