So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

• 1 month later...

Okay so my FIL blew up our microwave....I heard him put something in the microwave, and then he went into the other room...all of a sudden I hear crackling and popping, and smell something nasty...so I stopped it...He said "well I was trying to melt out the wax in this candle holder, guess that wasn't a good idea huh?....Yeah, seeing how at the end of the wick is a piece of metal! :doh:

I enjoy it too, the basics. That's pretty much done. Then it's finding places for all those things that have to have a home, but are hardly ever used, but you can't throw away. :P And discovering that I don't have nearly enough kitchen cabinet space. But I've got a flipping view that just won't quit, so it's worth it. :)

So it was a quiet night on our little kingdom's island fortress. From our ramparts, we watched the sun dawn, yawning as we were about to end our night guard duty. In the quiet of a North Atlantic ocean morning, we heard the fog pierced first by the sound of approaching oars. And our spines froze as we heard what could only be the battle cry of an approaching warrior ship. It sounded like:

"Ah-AH-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa AH!"

"Ah-AH-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa AH!"

We'd never heard anything like it. The closest we could come to describing it was to quote the poet Walt Whitman: "I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." We'd never heard an actual yawp before, but this was it. And when the fog parted to reveal the armored Viking ships, we stalled for time, for our numbers were few and our relief shift had yet to be summoned. We tried to reason with them, asking whence they came and what their mission was, but they only said:

"We come from the land of the ice and snow,

From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow."

And then we just tossed our spears and surrendered on the spot. Anybody who comes from a place like that, is one tough mother. We knew we'd been defeated.

This is from the entry for Immigrant Song on Songplaces.com. Made me laugh out loud. I love the style of writing from this particular writer :grin: :grin: :grin:

I had to have my cat put down this morning. He was very, very sick and throwing up blood, and we'd already done as much as we could do for him up to this point. The vet said that there was no more that could be done, and we shouldn't feel guilty.

So we're going to the shelter this weekend and getting another cat, and I'm determined that he'll be named Floyd. For obvious reasons, of course.