Announcements

edna

I just discovered that I have a Henry Miller water color in my downstairs bathroom. It is signed and was dedicated to my mother in law in 1970. It is called "The Gremlins."

IMG_8195.jpg

I knew a little bit about him before, but this clip from youtube makes me want to check him out a little more...

I have a random announcement. I'm joining a writer's group and my first meeting is tomorrow night. I'll hand out cards for SF and get some more interested souls, hopefully. Plus I'll get critiqued, etc. It's nervewracking. I'm really hitting 2008 hard with the stuff I let fall by the wayside in 2007.

Oh, and I've set a goal for me to be out of school in the next 18 months. So if you all ssend me good thoughts about that and keep blowing the wind to my back, I'll sail through... :)

Marc! I didn't realize your Henry Miller is the same as the author Henry Miller. He wrote Tropic Of Cancer (among other things), for pete's sake! I never knew that he was a painter as well. You've really got something there! Funny coincidence that the art is hanging in your bathroom. ;)

Good Luck Shawna, you'll knock 'em dead at the workshop! :)

Thanks Edna! Yeah Lucky, when I saw that video, it was the same day I had hung the painting in the bathroom about 2 hours before. I was curious if there was anything about him on the web. Imagine my surprise! I still find out daily just how unrefined I am....Anyway, I now feel like it was destined to be in the bathroom.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Martin Luther King Day, everybody!

"Let freedom ring. And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring—when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children—black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics—will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: 'Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!' "