Announcements

edna

I had an offer for a good job some months ago (in summer). They said I should wait so I kept on working at my current job. Now they say I will join them in December (more money, less time, better job) but... I made friends at my work! :P I will miss them badly...

It´s crazy, we shouldn´t sell our lives and joys for so little money, but it s the price we have to pay for power, phone, internet, food, etc...

(more money, less time, better job)

we shouldn´t sell our lives and joys for so little money

seems to me like you're not selling your life so much as bettering it. You can always stay in contact with friends, and with less time on the new job, you'll have more time to do that. :)

My flights had awesome in-flight entertainment! :D I saw Wall-E, an episode of Flight of the Conchords and an episode of the Office. I listened to the Fleet Foxes album and Icky Thump and more importantly - I heard Forth by the Verve. Four times! There was SO much stuff to watch/listen to! Foals, Radiohead, Paul Weller, Death Cab For Cutie, Buzzcocks, Chemical Brothers etc. etc. etc. endless list. Since they had Forth, however, I couldn't listen to much else :blush: :D

Our Radhi is Ozzified. I hear she's even drinking those Ozzie wines now.

Like.....

Monty Python's Flying Circus -

"Australian Table Wines"

[ from the album Monty Python's Previous Record, 1972 ]

The Players:

Eric Idle - Wine Expert;

The Scene:

Soft introduction music plays .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WINE EXPERT:

A lot of people in this country pooh-pooh Australian table wines. This is a pity as many fine Australian wines appeal not only to the Australian palate but also to the cognoscenti of Great Britain.

Black Stump Bordeaux is rightly praised as a peppermint flavoured Burgundy, whilst a good Sydney Syrup can rank with any of the world's best sugary wines.

Château Blue, too, has won many prizes; not least for its taste, and its lingering afterburn.

Old Smokey 1968 has been compared favourably to a Welsh claret, whilst the Australian Wino Society thoroughly recommends a 1970 Coq du Rod Laver, which, believe me, has a kick on it like a mule: eight bottles of this and you're really finished. At the opening of the Sydney Bridge Club, they were fishing them out of the main sewers every half an hour.

Of the sparkling wines, the most famous is Perth Pink. This is a bottle with a message in, and the message is 'beware'. This is not a wine for drinking, this is a wine for laying down and avoiding.

Another good fighting wine is Melbourne Old-and-Yellow, which is particularly heavy and should be used only for hand-to-hand combat.

Quite the reverse is true of Château Chunder, which is an appellation contrôlée, specially grown for those keen on regurgitation; a fine wine which really opens up the sluices at both ends.

Real emetic fans will also go for a Hobart Muddy, and a prize winning Cuivre Reserve Château Bottled Nuit San Wogga Wogga, which has a bouquet like an aborigine's armpit.

Mya likes it. She says to me, "Papa, Yo Gabba Gabba, your favorite show, is on. She likes to watch it with me. "Super Robot Martian Girl" is my favorite!

http://jezebel.com/382362/yo-gabba-gabba-teaches-the-kids-about-indie-comics-and-early+90s-freestyle?autoplay=true

I'd like to introduce a new.... thing. :grin:

Carl had a brilliant idea, and that idea was based on the fact that many times while we're doing our interviews, the singers/composers/songwriters like to sing a bit of a song, or play a bit of one, etc. and we really have no way of relaying that to the reader in the interview transcript.

Being the maverick that he is, however, Carl reached across the aisle and had someone design a flash player just for us so those snippets can be heard. And it is sooooo cool.

We've introduced it for the first time in my interview with Skip Ewing, and it went live last night.

Check it out. Skip Ewing Interview

you'll need to read the interview to find it. :grin:

Just kidding. If you want to go directly to the flash player, scroll down to the part where we talk about "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." You'll see the lyric to the song in red on the right. Then you'll see a little place in the body of the interview where you can click and listen.