Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees...well kind of Rock and Roll!

Sweet Jane 61

Well I think those who consider my arguments to be bad believe that because I don't agree with their arguments.

No, honestly mate, you've simply come up with bad arguments. I'm more than happy for people to disagree virulently with my opinions- positively relish it, in fact- but I prefer it when I'm encountered by a good standard of argument, such as PaulEdwardWagemann occasionally presented. OK, he was often found wanting too, but.....no, it's nothing to with you disagreeing with me and everything to do with the substandard quality of your argument.

On a consolatory note though, I'd give you fair marks for resilience. :)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, honestly mate, you've simply come up with bad arguments. I'm more than happy for people to disagree virulently with my opinions- positively relish it, in fact- but I prefer it when I'm encountered by a good standard of argument, such as PaulEdwardWagemann occasionally presented. OK, he was often found wanting too, but.....no, it's nothing to with you disagreeing with me and everything to do with the substandard quality of your argument.

On a consolatory note though, I'd give you fair marks for resilience. :)

I think your thoughts that my arguements are "substandard" are your opinion and those of a few others.But,"mate",if you read over this entire thread I think you will find I have had my fair share of support from others on this site. But I'm sure,in your opinion,you think their opinions are "substandard" too. Seems somebody may have forgotten that one isn't always right about everything no matter how much they may think they are.

I think your thoughts that my arguements are "substandard" are your opinion and those of a few others.But,"mate",if you read over this entire thread I think you will find I have had my fair share of support from others on this site. But I'm sure,in your opinion,you think their opinions are "substandard" too. Seems somebody may have forgotten that one isn't always right about everything no matter how much they may think they are.

I think he meant more your posts like this one... :P degrading other people's post + your own opinion that "Rap is crap and not music anyway" are the only arguments I heard from you so far :crazy:

I think you will find I have had my fair share of support from others on this site.

Naturally, you have: I'm well aware that many of the fine people who attend this site don't give a monkey's chuff for rap/hip-hop, so that comes as no surprise to me at all. They share your views that rap is unpleasant on the ears and distasteful to the soul. I have no problem with that; diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks and all that. But "taste" is not the same as "opinion" is not the same as "quality of argument".

But I'm sure,in your opinion,you think their opinions are "substandard" too.

I don't think anybody's opinion is substandard. Opinions are opinions and everyone's entitled to them. I can strongly disagree with an opinion, but still admire the way it is framed in a debate. Just not in this instance. ;)

I can't ever remember degrading anybody's post. I think we been through this before. And as far as me saying "rap is crap and not music",that's called an opinion not a argument.

I'm not replying to that one until you actually READ what I have written...

Naturally, you have: I'm well aware that many of the fine people who attend this site don't give a monkey's chuff for rap/hip-hop, so that comes as no surprise to me at all. They share your views that rap is unpleasant on the ears and distasteful to the soul. I have no problem with that; diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks and all that. But "taste" is not the same as "opinion" is not the same as "quality of argument".

I don't think anybody's opinion is substandard. Opinions are opinions and everyone's entitled to them. I can strongly disagree with an opinion, but still admire the way it is framed in a debate. Just not in this instance. ;)

Yes I could see where "quality of debate" would be so important to you since the rest of us poor,ignorant fools, who can never reach your level of surperior intellect,give you very little competition in the fine art of debating. I guess earlier when you and others said "We Didn't Start The Fire" is a form of rap, I should have said that actually the style is what's called "stream of consciousness" which means when somebody is giving their point of view as if it were coming to them in their thought process and can be attributed to May Sinclair,a popular British writer.

I guess earlier when you and others said "We Didn't Start The Fire" is a form of rap, I should have said that actually the style is what's called "stream of consciousness" which means when somebody is giving their point of view as if it were coming to them in their thought process and can be attributed to May Sinclair,a popular British writer.

In my view, that would have been a vast improvement, yes. :thumbsup:

I never seen so many people trying to convince a 45 year old white man that rap,or some if it,is good music. I will never be convinced that it is. I don't like it. Plain and simple. Is it music? Yeah I guess it is.A very,very poor example of music. I think its influence on popular music today has diluted the talent pool. I don't think the artists are talented for the most part and many of the people who promote the artists are nothing more than thugs.Nobody can convince me that rap or hip hop artists can be mentioned in the same breathe as Dylan,Clapton,Joel and others. Yes,rap is a form of music but for the last time,do rap artists deserve to be in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?? No way in hell.