Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees...well kind of Rock and Roll!

Sweet Jane 61

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like examples :grin:

now THAT one's subtle ;) :grin:

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman

Giving all your love to just one man

You'll have bad times

And he'll have good times

Doin things that you don't understand

But if you love him

You'll forgive him

Even though he's hard to understand

And if you love him

Oh, be proud of him

Cause after all he's just a man

Stand by your man

Give him two arms to cling to

And something warm to come to

when nights are cold and lonely

Stand by your man

And show the world you love him

Keep giving all the love you can

Stand by your man

Stand by your man

And show the world you love him

Keep giving all the love you can

Stand by your man

As time goes on

I realize

Just what you mean

To me

And now

Now that you're near

Promise your love

That I've waited to share

And dreams

Of our moments together

Color my world with hope of loving you.

Colour My World - Chicago

We all find examples. This one is mine.

You're trying to tell us rock is good? We know that already.

Edited by Guest
quote necessary... not like people wouldn't have figured it out on their own

I'd like everyone to know that if I was a mod in this thread, I would totally split it at the point where this went from Beastie Boy/Hall of Fame specific to "rock good" vs "rap bad". Nothing wrong with a little heated debate (provided it's friendly, and I think for the most part it has been), but one subject has nothing to do with the other.

I'd like everyone to know that if I was a mod in this thread, I would totally split it at the point where this went from Beastie Boy/Hall of Fame specific to "rock good" vs "rap bad". Nothing wrong with a little heated debate (provided it's friendly, and I think for the most part it has been), but one subject has nothing to do with the other.

Well I think the mod,whomever it is,realizes it's a lively debate and really there are very few of those on here. I know I have had my feathers ruffled in this thread but I have enjoyed sharing my points of view and seeing the views of others,even if I disagreed with them.I have said it before that it would be a really boring site if everybody agreed with everybody else.

Well I think the mod,whomever it is,realizes it's a lively debate and really there are very few of those on here.

There used to be plenty. :puppyeyes:

I know I have had my feathers ruffled in this thread but I have enjoyed sharing my points of view and seeing the views of others,even if I disagreed with them.I have said it before that it would be a really boring site if everybody agreed with everybody else.

Congratulatiuons; you've passed. NEXT!

I haven't posted much in the debate, but I think that it has branched out is fine, I mean that is what we do on here, every thread takes a turn but it is still tied to the theme, even if only by a small thin line. I have enjoyed reading all the posts and think it's wonderful we have such strong opinions and can share them here on SF. And for my 2 cents, The Beastie Boys do not belong in the hall, they are rap pure and simple, just as Madonna is pop, and Donna Summer is disco. But I do think that in the future we will be seeing more artists being nominated that will make us question what in the hell is going on with The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Rap example:

Get the f**k out my house

'Fore I grab you by your hair and slap d**k to your mouth

B***h all you can do is d**k suck

Rock example:

I make the pussy purr with

The stroke of my hand

I'd be much more ashamed to be the author of the second bit. :blush: That being said, I'm not much of a fan of listening to dudes talk about tail they obtained.

I think one of the things is influence... if you look at the past few years, a lot is rap and the like, and those artists are influenced by other rappers, or just bands like the Beastie Boys (depends on how far you go back, of course). So I think over time the number of really influential artists included more and more rappers and less rock bands, simply because rap grew rapidly. I think that's what the Hall takes into consideration, and not just bands which can be defined as rock'n'roll.

(right thread this time! :P )