marijuana legalization

Batman

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I voted decriminalization (which we already have here :wink:)

Why don't you poor American saps come up north? We tolerate so much more up here. And why is everyone attacking booze and smokes? I happen to like alcohol and cigarettes. :crazy:

I went to a Riders On The Storm concert last weekend (it was Ray Manzarek & Robbie Krieger with some other dudes) and anyway Ray said California was good cause we were "a little bit closer to legalizing pot". Then he said that if you've got a joint in your pocket bring it out and smoke it in protest. So then a few stoners did....

Anyway I have no idea why I said said that....

I voted decriminalize.

I voted decriminalization. Small quantities are barely illegal now as it is. It would free up a lot of the peoples/courts time. Even better, if it is legalized, it can be taxed to high heaven like tobacco and the government can buy everyone a gold plated diaper...

Dude, I voted decriminalization (which we already have here :wink:)

Why don't you poor American saps come up north? We tolerate so much more up here. And why is everyone attacking booze and smokes? I happen to like alcohol and cigarettes. :crazy:

On my way, get my room ready Ray! ;)

And I wasnt attacking booze and cigs just saying not any worse for you, know what I mean? I use to smoke and I drink sometimes, and well for tokin'...I take the fifth! :grin:

Legal means legal. No penalties whatsoever due to the buying, selling, possessing or purchasing, just the same as alcohol. That does NOT mean that you couldn't still get a ticket, say, for driving under the influence, contributing to the deliquency of a minor, be at fault, if in an accident while under the influence etc. Fairly reasonable to my way of thinking, as I belong to the group that believes the bigger evil lies in the consumption of alcohol.

And that also would allow the Goverment to tax it. Pot will be free, available and better, but more -still!- expensive. Now, dealers and mafias will have to look for another job.

I voted legal too though I know decriminilisation is a good thing: it avoids people like me and my freinds going to jail due to smoking pot at home and it punishes dealers of big amounts.

I've seen alcohol absolutely ruin people's lives. I've not seen the use of marijuana only do anything even close to that. As a child of the 70's I've seen an awful lot.

I´ve seen that too. And heroin has taken almost half of my friends in the last 30 years. Smoking pot from time to time won´t do any bad, unless you´re a schyzophrenic, in which case it´s not the best thing to do, I´ve seen some cases...

As for glaucoma, I´d love to believe THC is really good... I´ve been smoking pot almost every day since I was 15 - and I still am a perfect normal woman with work, friends, family, amazing real life, etc- but I have glaucoma since I was very young and I don´t find it has helped me.

2nd hand smoke does affect you with pot too. Just stay in a room where two people are smoking a joint with the windows closed and you´ll be high in less than 10 minutes :laughing:

^ Yeah I've have lost someone close to me because of alcohol. I don't really want to go into it but it's a hell of alot more dangerous than pot....and I know there are serious damages of weed in the long run but those are mainly if you smoke it before your brain has fully developed.....

It's basically legal in Oregon...If you possess it, you only have to pay a small fine and it doesn't go on your record. And medicinal marijuana is legal.

One potential downside to legalization is that certain companies could monopolize the marijuana industry, much like certain companies already monopolize the cigarette industry. There would be plenty of corruption.

No? :P Why not? Does the oxygen in the air filter the evil stuff out somehow?

You're just breathing in more oxygen and less smoke. If you are in a room with someone who's smoking you won't breathe out any smoke.

I will admit, however, that it's annoying as hell.