The Songfactors' Choice DIAMOND Top Ten #75

You people aren't voting ' right ' : this is supposed to be a place where songs like " Sugar , Sugar " etc. can come in #1 - not the usual suspects . Otherwise, it's just dull . Proper and ' real ' top tens exist elsewhere and we hear them everyday .C'mon ! This isn't a real reflection on your taste in music or the like - go a little nuts sometimes ! :):)

Love ,

Al Gore

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely Kev. Sugar Sugar should've been #1! :googly:

I sort of agree with you! I don't know about "voting right", there are great songs in this ten, no one voted wrong. I still think it would be great to have a ten where everyone thinks outside the box. we all have our guilty pleasures, songs we absolutely love, that are completely outside our usual fare. I nominated two of mine this week! ;)

Yes, I'd certainly like to see a lot of the songs that missed out here renominated. Many of them would figure highly in a regular Ten I believe, 'Sugar, Sugar' for example. edna even suggested that we should have another Top Ten just using those songs from #11 on, because there's so many good ones. I'm not sure how we'd work that though.

And I'll vote for 'Dancing Queen' if you nominate it Kevin.

:headphones:

Here's something I'd like to share with my friends here. :)

My youngest son, Peter, is a budding photographer and he got his first paying 'photography job' taking publicity shots for a local indy Band, "The Gonzo Show". He took this photo which was used this week in an 'Entertainment' Magazine.

G1.jpg

I sort of agree with you! I don't know about "voting right", there are great songs in this ten, no one voted wrong. I still think it would be great to have a ten where everyone thinks outside the box. we all have our guilty pleasures, songs we absolutely love, that are completely outside our usual fare. I nominated two of mine this week! ;)

Amen, Lucky!! :) I love to nominate my beloved one hit wonders or songs for one summer who are just remembered by a few of us.

And congrats, Young55!! :thumbsup:

9 votes for the golden throated voice of Richard Harris!! To quote Willie Shakespeare, "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em." By golly, Richard Harris is one of the Great ones. :)

I think I sat behind Kula Shaker in Social Studies. She was an exchange student from Bangladesh.

Congrats to your son Darryl.

I think we should do a "B" side top ten. Vote on some tunes we don't hear everyday. Just a suggestion.

Thanks Phil. Yes, Peter's happy about it. They had him as a 'guest' at their Concert last night. V.I.P. treatment ! They don't have any Groupies yet, unfortunately.

I voted for Richard Harris. Great song ! " Cause it took so long to bake it..." :thumbsup:

I think a 'B' sides only would have to come under the heading of a "Special" Top Ten. Suggestions are always welcomed, and we'll add it to our List. Thanks !

:)

Pete Townshend claims Substitute was inspired by 19th Nervous Breakdown. Alice Cooper claims No More Mr Nice Guy was inspired by Substitute. That may have slightly influenced my decision to put 19th Nervous Breakdown in ahead of Street Fighting Man. :)

I think I should nominate Under The Milky Way later, in a top ten that doesn't have so much competition. I'm surprised it did so well against all the Beatles/Stones songs.