Videos for Prospective Nominations: Post & View Them Here !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the first is from 91, the second from 93 - it's rather funny with that one, from what I've read they didn't much like the American Grunge music from that time and felt the audience there didn't appreciate their music and so tried to write a song with a distinctive "British feel" to them, if that makes sense :crazy:

Here's the original 1968 version ofA Little Less Conversation.

I've always thought it just lacked his usual spark. I'm not a big fan of the JXL remix either, although I'd probably put it in my Ten.

A Big Hunk O' Love would definitely get my vote.

I've had Wooden Heart on my Lista for zonks. Elvis missed a US #1 with it, because for some unknown reason it wasn't released as a single there, with Joe Dowell's inferior cover becoming #1. Here's the excellent original in a charming film clip from "G.I. Blues" in which he starred with Juliet Prowse. Wooden Heart.

Standing Outside A Broken Phonebooth With Money In My Hand - Primitive Radio Gods

I nominated this once before. It's one of those songs that got me without my realising it the very first time I heard it. I knew I liked it even though I'd just heard some 15 seconds. It hardly ever plays on TV or radio so I'm very glad I was at the right place at the right time.

(And the comments to the video kinda say it all)

Edited by Guest
read the comments

Standing Outside A Broken Phonebooth With Money In My Hand - Primitive Radio Gods

I nominated this once before. It's one of those songs that got me without my realising it the very first time I heard it. I knew I liked it even though I'd just heard some 15 seconds. It hardly ever plays on TV or radio so I'm very glad I was at the right place at the right time.

(And the comments to the video kinda say it all)

I've liked this one ever since I first heard it on your myspace :)