Videos for Prospective Nominations: Post & View Them Here !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will vote for Duran Duran and I don't think the Prodigy song is that bad, although I may not necessarily vote for it. I like Firestarter better. I will DEFINITELY vote for Wild Wild West (and I don't find the video freaky at all). It is one of my favorite '80's songs!!!!!

well, most of their other hits were already nominated multiple times... without much success, so I thought I try it with some other song that's very good :)

btw, the frontman said in some interview that the whole song is basically a rip-off of some obscure early "They Might Be Giants" song :)

The Darkness generally is a bit too flamboyant (in a 70s style sort of way) for my tastes, and there are other songs that I like more

but everybody who likes Queen, T.Rex or other other such bands should definitly check them out :)

In the area of the past vs today I thought I might nominate this song. The original was a released as a B side in '68, without much success.

A bit of it here.... A Little Less Conversation (this is the version used for the television show Vegas, and was featured in Oceans Eleven)

In 2002 it was remixed, used for Nike ads, FIFA 2002 World Cup ads, and added to the compilation release "Elvis' 30 #1 Hits" (this one made it 31).....

A Little Less Conversation (JXL remix, #1 hit)

Let me check again. I listened to several clips of the original, and this seemed to have the best sound quality. But I shall verify... hold that thought! ;)

Let's just use the opening credits of Las Vegas (edit: Las. I don't watch that much TV!)....

Las Vegas

Edited by Guest
clarification!