Videos for Prospective Nominations: Post & View Them Here !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard this before, but I actually like it better than anything else I've heard of theirs. They always seem like they are trying too hard not to care, which smacks of desperation. I love you muchly, though, sweet Fintan. :grin:

I'm glad your love for me doesn't depend on how Oasis behave at that moment :grin:

As for the rest of your post... they're just cool like that :beatnik:

(so remember... a vote for D'you Know What I Mean is a vote for me)

This renom got 1 vote previously....

Children of the Sun ~ Billy Thorpe ( love this song)

If Farin is allowed one...Here's my off the wall suggestions. For you prog lovers:

The Four Horsemen ~ Aphrodite's Child

Holy crap, Lucky. I feel like someone slipped a tab of acid under my tongue when I wasn't paying attention whilst watching both of those videos.

let's see if you like this one better:

Stand ~ R.E.M.

As much as I love them, I've never been a fan of this song. I mean, I like the song and it's incredibly catchy and ear-wormy, but it seems like someone gave them an extra bump in their paycheck to create something commercially pop, and it goes against how I perceive them to be. I may be rambling at this point. Feel free to ignore me.

As much as I love them, I've never been a fan of this song. I mean, I like the song and it's incredibly catchy and ear-wormy, but it seems like someone gave them an extra bump in their paycheck to create something commercially pop, and it goes against how I perceive them to be. I may be rambling at this point. Feel free to ignore me.

Stipe: "It takes a lot of guts to write such a stupid song"

This originated when guitarist Peter Buck came up with what he thought was a stupid guitar riff. Lead singer Michael Stipe recognized the stupidity of the song and tried to write equally stupid lyrics.

Buck used a wah-wah pedal on this because he felt it's an overused and stupid effect, which would add to the dumb feeling of the song.

so, I'm not disagreeing with you ;) :grin:

(so remember... a vote for D'you Know What I Mean is a vote for me)

If I based my votes on how much I loved the person who nominated the songs, I'd never pare the list down to ten because I love everybody. I might love you a bit more than everyone else, but don't tell anyone. I wouldn't want anyone to be jealous of our stalker/stalkee relationship. :grin: