Videos for Prospective Nominations: Post & View Them Here !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

As those who know me are well aware, I'm a huge fan and advocate for Canadian classic rock. I was wondering if this band from the late 70's, early 80's era and their many Canadian hits would get any votes if nominated.

From Vancouver, British Columbia here are a sample of Trooper hits. If they were easier to find on Youtube I'd have a couple of my faves added as well. Let me know what you think.

- The Boys In The Bright White Sports Car

- Raise A Little Hell

- Here For A Good Time (Not A Long Time)

- Two For The Show

- Pretty Lady

- General Hand Grenade

You should have your fill of Trooper after that! :grin:

Actually, Lucky, dear... they were going to be the next batch I was going to post. I have over 50 of their tunes on my playlist, but few made it Stateside. I was trying to decide which ones would be worthy of nominating :crazy:

ps: the actual title of that song is "Fly AT Night" ... a common error :grin:

Edited by Guest

Actually, Lucky, dear... they were going to be the next batch I was going to post. I have over 50 of their tunes on my playlist, but few made it Stateside. I was trying to decide which ones would be worthy of nominating :crazy:

ps: the actual title of that song is "Fly AT Night" ... a common error :grin:

I actually know that, typo on my part. It's the freakin' lyric. :doh: Anyway, you nominate it, I'll vote for it - another top 5 vote for me. And please, post some more Chilliwack, sorry I stepped on your toes. Do you know this Minnesota band?

Dead and Gone - Gypsy

Cool, Gypsy!! :rockon: I haven't heard them since I was a kid! I always thought Gypsy was another small Canadian rock band cuz they got a fair bit of airtime when I was a kid. :crazy:

Now I know better! :thumbsup:

More Chilliwack per request (tough to find good quality on Youtube, if there's a choice at all) :doh:

"My Girl"

"Whatcha Gonna Do"

"California Girl"

"Baby Blue"

"Don't It Make You Feel Good"

You should hear "Don't It Make You Feel Good" with proper bass it kicks butt... this is awful sound but only one uploaded :crazy:

It's on my mental list to nominate - my physical one is gone with the wind. I actually had one at one time. ;)

I believe lots of Canadian/US-Midwestern bands had fans on each side of the border. There is a whole bunch of music that the central part of the continent is aware of that that the New York/LA coasts don't know anything about. And vice/versa I'm sure. ;)

Yup, that seems to be the impression I get from peoples reactions to my "obscure" music :laughing:

Seems they only know the bands out of Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. I live dead centre of Canada (the Prairies we call it) so there are no "major" cities around. Sending a few albums to a few nearby States helped their dream of playing for a living. And as you said, vice-versa I'm sure. :grin:

I'm glad to be a part of this "unkown rock scene" though. Let's me know that all those years by the radio was a time when I was part of something special. :rockon:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...