Thin lizzy

Jillianne

These guys are listed amongst the top 100 classic rock bands, they had a lot of radio air time with a few of their songs (like They Boys are Back in Town, Bad Reputation, & Jailbreak) They're a good band, even though I always thought of the late Phil Lynott as kind of a Jimi wannabee, but maybe not.

philsweden.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if Thin Lizzy should be in the "get the word out" section, but hey, there a good band!

You're right Batman - but I've seen Stevie Ray Vaughn in this section - and I guess he was new to me way back sometime - I'm gonna recommend Led Zeppelin :rockon: and Pink Floyd too. :headphones:

I really liked Thin Lizzy. My favourite album by them is Jailbreak. There is this one song on it, Emerald, that had one of the best dual lead solos I've ever heard. Jailbreak to Thin Lizzy is like Rumours is to Fleetwood Mac. Songs like Boys are Back in Town, Warriors and the title cut make this album one of the best. Don't forget Emerald, their best IMO.

Great song and album. Every hard rock fan should have it in their collection.

jailbrk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked Thin Lizzy. My favourite album by them is Jailbreak. There is this one song on it, Emerald, that had one of the best dual lead solos I've ever heard. Jailbreak to Thin Lizzy is like Rumours is to Fleetwood Mac. Songs like Boys are Back in Town, Warriors and the title cut make this album one of the best. Don't forget Emerald, their best IMO.

Great song and album. Every hard rock fan should have it in their collection.

jailbrk.jpg

Emerald is top notch. i still have a Thin Lizzy tour t-shirt from when I saw them in 83 at the very first Monsters of Rock festival over in Germany. They were third out of 8 or 9 bands, and blew them all away. I've been a fan ever since.

Muzik, if you enjoy Emerald's lead solo, you should check out Massacre. :guitar:

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Top band, I grew up listen to these guys. I turneddown the chance of seeing them on the last tour they did, I was 15 and my parents wouldn`t let me go with a mate - my gran offered to take me and I said no way like a typical teenager!! Man do I kick myself for that...

My fav song is - "Dancing in the Mooonlight" I agree with Sutho fantasic bass line and I love the sax solo in it.