The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #59

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure ! I'm not criticizing any songs, but if it was 70s and it wasn't an AM Pop Hit in Australia, I just won't know it. We were raising Kids at that time and I hardly bought any records at all, except cheapy K-Tel Greatest Hits Compilations.

Same with the Stones' nomination; I'm supposed to be a fan of theirs, but I've never heard it before. (I'm playing it right now).

:P

Lucky, thumbs up to both nominations.

Gee, thanks phil! It's so nice to be appreciated by someone... ;) (and a thumbs up to you too!)

Same with the Stones' nomination; I'm supposed to be a fan of theirs, but I've never heard it before. (I'm playing it right now).

:P

It's the B side of Jumpin Jack Flash, Darryl. If you have "More Hot Rocks" (my favorite compilation, along with Hot Rocks), then you'd have heard it there... ;)

Darryl, when I was a wee lad, I had I Fought The Law by Bobby Fuller on '45. I always thought the guitar solo was great. I think Bobby Fuller met his demise early, possibly by the hands of a jealous husband? I am not totally clear on that.

Hi to all of my friends online at the moment ! :)

I have Jumpin' Jack Flash on my Lista, Lucky, but I won't nominate it until we have some 'big gun' nominations - or someone else might like to use it first. Child Of The Moon sounds O.K., but I've only played it a few times.

Phil, I never knew what happened to Bobby Fuller. I read where he 'died of asphyxiation in mysterious circumstances', but it might have been the old eternal triangle, eh ? Don't fool around with married women whose husbands have big hands !But as I understand the Coroner recorded an 'open' verdict.

Here's a real blast from the past... and probably a little-known ditty... this video is a remake by a band I've never heard of, so I'm nominating the original from back in the 60s, I think. But this video will re-familiarize the song to those who know the original. And it's not a bad remake! Check it out...

1. Montego Bay ~ Bobby Bloom

and one of my all-time favorite bands...

2. Caught Up In You ~ 38 Special (dig the groovy dance moves)

But this video will re-familiarize the song to those who know the original. And it's not a bad remake! Check it out...

Montego Bay ~ Bobby Bloom

I love it Shawna ! I would have nominated it before, but like you, I couldn't find an original video.

:thumbsup:

Night, Night Lucky. I'll probably be getting up about the same time as you to go to the bathroom. But then I'll go back to bed and you'll go to work ! Sorry Kid.

;)

I thought I had posted a bunch of this stuff ( read more on the Mysterious Death of Bobby Fuller) on some old thread way back when, but my searching didn't pull anything up.

And the short version from wikipedia:

"Just as I Fought The Law became a top ten hit, Bobby Fuller was found dead in a parked automobile near his Los Angeles home. The police considered the death an apparent suicide, however many people still believe Fuller was murdered. He was found with multiple wounds all over his body and covered in gasoline leading many to speculate that the perpetrators fled before they could set the car on fire."

Child Of The Moon sounds O.K., but I've only played it a few times.

I had a friend who would always come late and we used to meet at a bar in Paris every day, in front of the University. There was an old jukebox with few singles left and the only song I liked was "Child of the Moon".

So I might have heard it some 10 times a day for a whole year... :)

Strange. I haven't heard Child of the Moon before either. There are several other songs I haven't heard this time around.

I Fought the Law was nominated 2-3 months ago and was #12 on list 49. (I have updated my spreadsheet now, Darryl, so I will report on the renominations and how they fare! :) )

Thanks bazooka, Ron (sorry), edna and Dappled. :)

And I thought I was being original, Dappled. :P

Maybe it'll do better with a Video this time, and if it does I'll be pleased to give credit to whoever nominated it before. ***

That'll be great if you tell us the renoms and how they fared before Mate.

I always used to enjoy reading that info.

:thumbsup:

*** It was ME. I completely forgot. :P

We now have 42 nominations, along with Namahage's 2 automatic ones. There is still plenty of time left to nominate, and several regulars to go. Along with anyone else that would like to join us!

Pretty good participation this time Darryl! :thumbsup:

May I pleeease go back to bed? :crazy:

edna - here is a link to the song, poor quality and a live version, a little different to the recording.

Lucky - I know 'Renegade' by Styx! It was in an episode of Freaks & Geeks :cool:

Uncle Joe - Steely Dan are touring Australia for the first time very soon, coming to a city very close by me too. Wanna go? :grin: