The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #59

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. She's Gone - Hall & Oates (1973)

2. End Of The Line - Traveling Wilburys (1988)

3. Lady In Red - Chris de Burgh (1986)

4. Oh Happy Day - Edwin Hawkins Singers (1968)

5. Slip Slidin' Away - Paul Simon (1977)

6. Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes (1980)

7. Games People Play - Joe South (1969)

8. My Old School - Steely Dan (1973)

9. Montego Bay - Bobby Bloom (1970)

10. I Fought The Law - Bobby Fuller Four (1965)

Come on b-f. I'm sure Martin would want you to support HIS Thread. :thumbsup:

I'm PTing Carl right now about the ban. I think he will be very concerned at all the adverse comments, which reflect poorly on the Site, and he'll investigate what happened. I believe when a Mod bans someone they should publicly state why !

:P

I believe when a Mod bans someone they should publicly state why !

In my experience (of being banned) the why is, in any case, a total distortion of what actually happened. In my case, the misrepresention may have seemed "believable", because my previous behaviour had been occasionally questionable. In Martin's case...well, believe who you like, but I know where my sympathies lie...

Well, I'm not going to try to anymore. Of course if everyone leaves their voting until late it'll just be a massive task for Martin when he gets back !

I've PT'd Carl, supporting Martin. Carl is a reasonable person, and I'm sure he'll do his best to get to the bottom of the matter. I can't do any more until then, so I'm logging off now. Bye.

1. The Court Of The Crimson King - King Crimson (1969)

2. Remedy - The Black Crowes (1992)

3. End Of The Line - Traveling Wilburys (1988)

4. December - Collective Soul (1995)

5. Child Of The Moon - Rolling Stones

6. Steady As She Goes - The Raconteurs (2006)

7. West End Girls - Pet Shop Boys (1985)

8. Fallin' - Alicia Keys (1998)

9. Take Your Mama - Scissor Sisters (2004)

10. Slip Slidin' Away - Paul Simon (1977)

I only know one or two of the others.

In my experience (of being banned) the why is, in any case, a total distortion of what actually happened. In my case, the misrepresention may have seemed "believable", because my previous behaviour had been occasionally questionable. In Martin's case...well, believe who you like, but I know where my sympathies lie...

This forum is a democratic society, isn't it?

If not, then it should be one.

If so, we should know all the details, not just a distortion of them. I still have no idea what happened, and I don't think that's right.

It's like a microcosm of society: You'll be given very little information, and the information you are given will be untrue.

(To be fair, that's only my experience, it may have been different for others)

It's a conspiracy! I have always wanted to ban someone whaahahahahahah. I have been sitting patiently, yet nervously here with a map of the world at my feet, rotating three marbles in the palm of my hand (left eye twitching uncontrolably)... It's going to be mine, soon, all this will be mine.. bwahahahahaha!

Yep, you figured me out, damned, the gig is up! Someone, will you turn up the house lights now. Please. Thank you.

Unfortunately, Songfacts is not a democracy. It actualy belongs to some one, a pretty decent someone. There are rules in place, and those rules are open to fairly abritrary interpretation and enforcement. That's a fact.

Fact or no, Martin is probably the last person that should come under any scrutiny for bending or breaking any rules. Martin is one of the most consistently decent members of this site. That any action would be taken against him, except for the most extreme circumstances, is frankly, beyond comprehension.

music

Pronunciation: 'myü-zik

Function: noun

Usage: often attributive

Etymology: Middle English musik, from Anglo-French musike, from Latin musica, from Greek mousikE any art presided over by the Muses, especially music, from feminine of mousikos of the Muses, from Mousa Muse

1 a : the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity b : vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony

2 a : an agreeable sound : EUPHONY b : musical quality

3 : a musical accompaniment

4 : the score of a musical composition set down on paper

5 : a distinctive type or category of music

Fact or no, Martin is probably the last person that should come under any scrutiny for bending or breaking any rules. Martin is one of the most consistently decent members of this site. That any action would be taken against him, except for the most extreme circumstances, is frankly, beyond comprehension.

Indeed, he is without exception the friendliest, most welcoming and probably least judgemental member of the SongFacts community....which is what makes his alleged "dislike" of Mike here so very perplexing.

1. West End Girls

2. Cinderella...(great tune, maybe someone could find the audio for me????)

3. Green Grass and High Tides

4. Looking Out My Back Door

5. My Old School

6. Loves Me Like A Rock

7. All Summer Long

8. Turn To Stone

9. Things We Do For Love ( Me and my friends use to sing along to this all the time, brings back great memories!)

10. End Of The Line

Back to the music....

Here's my ten:

1. Turn To Stone - Joe Walsh (1972)

2. Child Of The Moon - Rolling Stones (1968)

3. Renegade - Styx (1978)

4. Games People Play - Joe South (1969)

5. Don't Bring Me Down - The Animals (1966)

6. All Summer Long - Beach Boys (1964)

7. Montego Bay - Bobby Bloom (1970)

8. I Think I Love You - The Patridge Family (1970)

9. Looking Out My Back Door - Creedence Clearwater Revival (1970)

10. Green Grass and High Tides - The Outlaws (1975)

I'll need a lot of renominations from this round. I had to leave many off...

1-My Old School - Steely Dan (1973)

2-Loves Me Like A Rock - Paul Simon (1973)

3-She's Gone - Hall & Oates (1973)

4-Every Night - Paul McCartney (1970)

5-Montego Bay - Bobby Bloom (1970)

6-Things We Do For Love, The 10cc (1976)

7-Games People Play - Joe South (1969)

8-Don't Bring Me Down - The Animals (1966)

9-The Court Of The Crimson King - King Crimson (1969)

10-Rama Lama Ding Dong - The Edsels (1959)