The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #59

^ but do I really need to be SUCH a role model? :shades:

I think I waited long enough :P

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #59 for the week ending 22th April 2007

1. Looking Out My Back Door - Creedence Clearwater Revival (1970)

2. Court Of The Crimson King, The - King Crimson (1969)

3. Child Of The Moon - The Rolling Stones (1968)

4. Games People Play - Joe South (1969)

5. My Old School - Steely Dan (1973)

6. End Of The Line - Traveling Wilburys (1988)

7. Turn To Stone - Joe Walsh (1972)

8. I Think I Love You - The Patridge Family (1970)

9. West End Girls - Pet Shop Boys (1985)

10.Green Grass and High Tides - The Outlaws (1975)

:headphones:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a wonderful top ten! :thumbsup:

CCR most definitely deserves the #1 spot, I cannot deny that. But, Turn To Stone at #7, and Renegade at #12... So close to two nominations in the ten!

Overall, I like every song in this ten though, and that rarely happens! :)

I THINK THAT'S SAMMY'S FIRST #1 IN THE TEN !!!

He's young, gifted and black. ;) (No racial slur intended).

:rockon: :afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon:

It was also the short priced favorite I was referring to, although the Stones and King C did look strong early.

Yes, CCR were a great Band. A real early 70s/ late 60s Top Ten

(+ a couple of excellent 80s). :)

now I can tell yous kids the rumor about "Green Grass and High Tides." You'll see it when the link goes online for the full-length interviews.

I got it from a reliable source :grin: that that song was actually... shall we say "lifted"... from another individual, and Hughie Thomasson took all the credit for writing it. The poor guy who actually did write it was never acknowledged and died from alcoholism a few years ago.

So sad that that particular song has become the anthem the Outlaws are best known for.

Good nomination Chris. :) They never had a Hit here either ! I don't how the 'In The Court' Album sold, and I've never heard it. Probably more chance of hearing it today than when it was issued ! We didn't have FM then, and most of the DJ's weren't too adventurous - mostly Top 40 songs were played on AM.

It's really fascinating to see how some Artists - or even some songs - do well in some countries but not in others. Depends on the airplay received, I suppose. Many U.S. and some U.K. Artists had big Hits in Oz that didn't do well in their home countries.

I was interested to see how many King Crimson fans there were here, so I had to nominate something from ITCOTCK.

I am a fan of ITCOTCK... but I don´t like their other albums that much. I like some spare songs and some things he (Fripp) did with Adrian Belew...