Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is the worst I have ever seen it in Mexico between Federales and the cartels. There have been huge gun fights just south of the border, so it does not surprise me that it would go north. I have not heard of any specific incidents, though, in the US.

Thank you, I will be careful. I am not as worried about the cartels as I am about the local Blood set. They want to kill a cop because the PD just south of my area shot and killed one of their guys who was shooting at them. Their department and mine have been upping our enforcement on them lately due to complaints of intimidation, narco sales, and an increase in violence. This could be a busy summer.

My nephew is a cop in Tucson, 2 hours from the Mexican border. The drug runners there have been laying out traps for cops, calling 911 and then sitting in wait for them, and have killed a couple of them that way. It's a hugely tough thing to digest, knowing he's out there responding to calls not knowing what's around the bend.

Don't matter and really don't care at all, but just curious; where do 2 and a half thousand posts go when they no longer appear beneath one's name?

Have some of your posts gone AWOL? I've never heard of that happening. How odd. :P

Yeah, I had about 5600 posts about two months ago and I recently noticed I am back to 3 grand and some change. I just wondered how they go away. I honestly do not care ... they don't matter in the big scheme of things.

I really like Marc's answer though :laughing: :bow: and will accept that as the fact. I am only doing my socially consciencious part to bring equity to this world. Why should I enjoy a large amount of posts, when there are those who have very few.

It happened once when the server crashed... it ate hundreds of posts from many songfactors... :P

Edited by Steel2Velvet on 03/09/09 02:24 AM. Reason for edit: .. and don't tell me they go beneath Edna's.

:laughing:

I would gladly share my zillion posts with you or with other songfactors...

great, that just asks for misunderstandings, doesn't it? :/

ah well, at least it seems it's mostly used in the "every two..." sense

thanks for your answers :thumbsup:

It surely does ask for misunderstandings. Doctors use the two interchangably in writing prescriptions, and it's up to us to interpret which he means, which is usually easy, but what about the time it's not? I make more calls to verify intent than you can shake a stick at. Oh, and in the medical world bi-weekly = twice weekly most often, exactly the opposite of what it should. :P

They should bring back the fortnight.

Biweekly and bimonthly are technically two different things. Take the mortgage business for example: If you pay monthly, you pay 12 times per year. If you pay bimonthly then you pay twice a month or 24 times a year. If you pay biweekly you pay every two weeks or 26 times per year. (52 weeks divided by 2 = 26).