Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A very well point you raise, dear Shawna.

Corn syrup, don't say I told you, is the number 1~ reason for heart attacks and diabetes.

It's not even joke material, it's happening before our very eyes!

There're many places to find it in processed foods. As I said earlier, stay away from canned goods.

So, we "upgraded" (remains to be seen) to Winamp. Along with downloading Winamp, they give you 50 free downloads. So, great, I can add another 50 songs to the thousands we already have. Here's my question ... WTF is an emp. file? and, how do I convert it to mp3.? I googled it and found an incomprehensible answer ... and why do they not give you those instructions at Winamp?

What made me happy is now making me frustrated. :P

never heard or saw of an .emp file, wikipedia lists "emp" as "slang for mp3"

did you download such files? :P

EDIT: found something else:

An "emp" file contains no music, it's only a link for the eMusic Download Manager to get the mp3. After Download Manager has done it's thing, you've got mp3 files. Be sure you are clicking on the music links - not saving the target to your hard drive. If you're saving the target, don't, just left-click on the link and it will queue the mp3 up in the download manager. The download manager's preferences will tell you where the mp3's will appear.
Edited by Guest

From what I gathered you have to download the emusic downloader . Once you've installed it (I gave it a try), there's a link to the website and to 50 free downloads, which I'm guessing is the same as the ones you got. Then that manager converts the .emp files for you.

However, I just pretended to claim my free downloads and they wanted me to subscribe to something and asked for my credit card details. :confused:

You guys found the same thing I found. I wasn't going to use the offer, but heck, free is free. You just have to cancel after the 50 (I'm pretty good about remembering that stuff).

It all sounds simple, but, no, it's not.I can't find a way for it to convert anything for me. :(

Heck with it, I think I'll just use it as my player, and forget the downloads. Thanks guys! ;)

• 1 month later...