Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When my daughter was over the other day, she asked me if I liked her new jeans. They had rips all down the leg...I told her she better return those and get her money back... ;)

I cannot understand the ripped jeans they sell at high retail outlets (Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, etc.) that sell for $200 and have holes and are completely faded. Those should've went out of style 20 years ago, but for some reason made a comeback.

explorer. It's slow when I click on a thread to go into, it takes a few seconds (10-15) to open it most of the time. And sometimes when I come from the Main site into the boards, that takes a while, too.

What's funny to me is that 10-15 seconds is really nothing, but it sure seems slow with all the superfast stuff that goes on these days! :crazy:

right this very moment it's being very quick. In fact this morning it has been loading much more quickly than usual. Last night, it was slow as mole-asses, which is typically the case.

Edited by Guest

these boards load so very slowly for me anymore.. :( Why does that happen with only certain sites? I thought it might be computer, but other sites load very quickly. It seems to be this one is the sticking point, and it's making me angry. :mad:

I had explorer in my late Mac and it was perfect. Now I have Safari on the new -but almost useless- mac and it's very strange, it scrolls down then it does strange things...

:P but when I use Explorer on the pc it takes time to load too...

Mom asked me to clean up the family computer. The machine is stuffed with files and programs and runs very slow (I'm glad I got my own laptop). Any hints to make it go faster?

Here's what I intend to do:

- Scans: Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware, AVG antivirus

- Cleanups: remove useless files, toolbars, plugins and programs

- Defragmentation

- Disk Cleanup

scans: either spybot or ad-aware should be enough, they should look for the same stuff, so no need to do both (make sure they're up to date when you start the scan though)

cleanups: CCleaner, and good call on removing useless plugins and toolbars :thumbsup:

what do you mean with disk cleanup?

and I would do the defragmentation at the last point :)