Ask a Songfactor

Kevin

It's just for US citizens tho. Sorry my European friends :puppyeyes:

Two Sundays ago I got fed up with those constant calls to my phones (cell phones and the other phone as well) so I just went to the nearest police station and reported that fact.

Funny, four days later we could read in the newspapers and watch in the tv news that the goverment would start prosecuting those spam callers... not that it was me, but anyways!! :grin: ...my two cents. :cool:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a telemarketer call the other day and he mangled my last name so badly that I said: No there is no one here by that name, then I hung up.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know a bit about that... I´m French so they really make a strange mix of my first and second names, plus the last name, plus my husband´s last name, plus they never know how to pronounce "Hélène"... Besides, they use two last names (father´s and mother´s ) My mother´s name would be Lipschütz, which is 100% impossible to read for any Spaniard :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My name has been so mangled over the years I should be in the Guinness Book under most mangled name. I get so tired of having to repeat my name to people so many times, I don't even want to introduce myself anymore :puppyeyes: :beady:

It's not that hard to say for pity's sake. DH just called me babe for 6 months and my preferred father just called me sis. I'm not sure he ever pronounced it correctly :laughing:

I was wonder where "Ask A Songfactor" went...

I have a computer question:

I am thinking about buying an iMac. We have two PC's that are linked and the kids like to play on-line games simultaneously. Are Macs as good for gaming as a high end PC? The kids are complaining about the older computer getting slow, and I'm sick of being paranoid about getting computer viruses.

Macs are the best.You can play all kind of games and the great thing is, as you say, no virus.

I want to get a new mac too, mine is old and I have to use my husband´s pc... which has always some virus trouble, even though it´s got McAfee and stuff.