Kevin

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I need you, Songfacts computer nerds. I've never used iTunes before, so pardon my ignorance. I downloaded 2 albums that I want to add to my SD memory card so that I may play them on my handheld device. I know that the songs are in an MP4 format. How do I convert them to MP3s? I know I can look this up myself, but I'd rather have one of you smart people help me.

Peaches I used to use dBpoweramp. I haven't converted files for a long time tho. I think when I dl'd the program it was a trial version but I used to buy a lot of music from itunes and the file format always gave me problems.

It wouldn't let me put them on cd most of the time either until I figured it out. And then I could only burn them twice. That really ticked me off so I quit using itunes.

I haven't used the program in over a year but I think that's the one I used to change the format.

Thanks for trying, brilliant beautiful Radhi. However, from everything I've researched, apparently iTunes is a beeyotch. Anything you purchase directly from them is protected so that it can only be used with Apple products. Mama Peaches ain't got no stinking iPod. So I have to rip the songs to a CD and then rip it from the CD to my media player.

Let me say that again for the hard of hearing.

I HAVE TO TAKE MUSIC FROM MY COMPUTER TO PUT IT BACK ONTO MY COMPUTER.

Criminy.

Thanks for trying, brilliant beautiful Radhi. However, from everything I've researched, apparently iTunes is a beeyotch. Anything you purchase directly from them is protected so that it can only be used with Apple products. Mama Peaches ain't got no stinking iPod. So I have to rip the songs to a CD and then rip it from the CD to my media player.

Let me say that again for the hard of hearing.

I HAVE TO TAKE MUSIC FROM MY COMPUTER TO PUT IT BACK ONTO MY COMPUTER.

Criminy.

I heard about that too...

never trust a Monopoly... :P

while we're on the iTunes subject... I downloaded the newest version of iTunes because the old one won't allow me to download any current music. Ever since I downloaded the new version, I've been getting an error that tells me I have to uninstall iTunes, and then install it again in order for it to work. Won't that delete any music I've purchased (which is no small amount)? Or is the music stored in an iTunes facility somewhere and not in my computer, and therefore not in danger of being deleted when I uninstall iTunes...?