What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

Just had our first church meeting indoors. Makes a change from the hill where we were meeting!! It's a town baand hall....it's lovely though it smells of damp....until the holy spirit comes then the smell of insense and good red wine fills the place....Everyone was jumping and danceing and running around..it was so free and loose...I love my church very much! :grin: (okay, last religous statement for a while!! :grin:)

It may seem weird to annouce a death here, but to think back over the mans life does make me smile.

Walter Seward died today. Walter was 111 years old and would have been 112 on October 13th. He was not only the oldest living alumni of Rutgers, but also the oldest living alumni of Harvard (he went to Harvard Law School).

This past May, I got a picture of Walter, my son and me at the Rutgers Reunion. Walter only missed 7 reunions out of 91.

Just this last Saturday I received the Rutgers Magazine in the mail and the entire back page was Walter's smiling face and some questions about his life. The last question was, "What is the secret to your longevity?" The answer, "Strawberry Ice Cream".

So Walter, wherever you are now....I hope the bowls of strawberry ice cream are huge and never ending.

Thanks for completely ignoring my request, Ron. :mad: :mad:

Anyhow... this is what sweetened my coffee today... I heard a Shania song that I hadn't heard in years. Not being much of a Shania fan, I had completely forgotten about it, but it gave me a good chuckle tonight :grin:

Any man of mine better be proud of me

even when I'm ugly he still better love me

and I can be late for a date, that's fine

but he better be on time.

And any man of mine better say it's all right

when last year's dress is just a little too tight

and anything I do or say better be okay

when I have a bad hair day

And here's your moment of zen: exercising bad judgment is still exercise.

:grin:

Speaking of angels...last night after a couple glasses of wine, and listening to the radio, "Angel" by Sarah Mclachlan came on the radio and all of a sudden I just couldn't help but cry and thinking of my parents....I must say hubby really sweetened my day with some very comforting and supportive words, he was very sweet and I did feel so much better.....