What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

It wouldn't seem that sitting in traffic is a good way for an uplifting story. On the way home from work last night, it took me an hour and ten minutes to fo 5 miles (office to home). There had been a horrendous fatal accident on the highway earlier in the day and every side route was overloaded.

Since there was nothing I could do about it I popped in my "Ziggy Stardust" CD and proceeded to belt out every song. The highlight being when I hit the top of the hill in The City of Summit and saw the bright and glorious skyline of New York City in the distance. It was the best part of the day.

So, I'm sitting in traffic and a car with a lovely young brunette pulls up next to me and she signals for me to roll down my window. Suffragette City was blaring, so I had to lower the stereo. I coolly power down my window to see what this beauty wants with me. She smiled and said "I got turned around somehow. I'm I heading towards Springfield?" I acknowledged that she was, in fact, heading the right way...then she rolled her window up and cut in front of me.....

This magic moment........

^^^^ :D

Well my 80 year old father-in-law was on the computer this morning...(yeah I know, uh-oh)....he was on some AOL chat called "65 and Older"...or something like that..LOL...so he says to me "Oh look I got a message from someone called Sexy Sadie...(It was an IM)...He says to me so "What do I do now?"....I asked "Umm Well, do you know anyone named Sexy Sadie?", he had to think about it for a second..LOL..and said "Oh dear, no I don't"....I said well than just close the IM or click it off .....He does and then says "THERE!, I clicked her off, she's gone" :laughing:

It So, I'm sitting in traffic and a car with a lovely young brunette pulls up next to me and she signals for me to roll down my window. Suffragette City was blaring, so I had to lower the stereo. I coolly power down my window to see what this beauty wants with me. She smiled and said "I got turned around somehow. I'm I heading towards Springfield?" I acknowledged that she was, in fact, heading the right way...then she rolled her window up and cut in front of me.....

So? Did you boff her?

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup:

It wouldn't seem that sitting in traffic is a good way for an uplifting story. On the way home from work last night, it took me an hour and ten minutes to fo 5 miles (office to home). There had been a horrendous fatal accident on the highway earlier in the day and every side route was overloaded.

Since there was nothing I could do about it I popped in my "Ziggy Stardust" CD and proceeded to belt out every song. The highlight being when I hit the top of the hill in The City of Summit and saw the bright and glorious skyline of New York City in the distance. It was the best part of the day.

So, I'm sitting in traffic and a car with a lovely young brunette pulls up next to me and she signals for me to roll down my window. Suffragette City was blaring, so I had to lower the stereo. I coolly power down my window to see what this beauty wants with me. She smiled and said "I got turned around somehow. I'm I heading towards Springfield?" I acknowledged that she was, in fact, heading the right way...then she rolled her window up and cut in front of me.....

What a beautiful post... :cool: I just read it in spanish to my husband and I was enjoying the beauty of the situation... I mean, the New York City skyline... :shades:

Laurie, what a cool dad-in-law you have :laughing:

It´s my mother´s birthday today, so yesterdat night we gave her a surprise party. We took her to a restaurant and when she came in she found some 40 people, some of them came from New York, Buenos Aires, or the South of Spain just for the party; there were lots of young friends of hers and also lots of friends of her children. My 17 years old nephew was cute as can be. And there was only the family and the very close ones. It was very warm and funny, I ate a lot and went to bed at three (I got up at 6 today)

I have been to lots of parties but this one was the best of them all... and no drugs!! :laughing:

What's been sweetening my day is - in between the Cardinals game and all - I've been working on writing the Songfacts for We Are Scientists. And in so doing I've been re-introduced to their music, and I am loving it. "Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt" is my new favorite. Check 'em out here on The Late Show. What a great fresh sound. I love these guys.

I got a call from Mya today while I was at work. She was very excited because he got her own library card. The sweetening moment was when I got home from work, I saw it on her table. It is a normal, adult looking library card, but when I flipped it over, she had signed her name on the back in her best 4 year old signature. Gave me the biggest smile I have had all day. I am glad she loves books so much. With some luck, she always will.

It´s my mother´s birthday today, so yesterdat night we gave her a surprise party. We took her to a restaurant and when she came in she found some 40 people, some of them came from New York, Buenos Aires, or the South of Spain just for the party; there were lots of young friends of hers and also lots of friends of her children. My 17 years old nephew was cute as can be. And there was only the family and the very close ones. It was very warm and funny, I ate a lot and went to bed at three (I got up at 6 today)

I have been to lots of parties but this one was the best of them all... and no drugs!! :laughing:

I got a call from Mya today while I was at work. She was very excited because he got her own library card. The sweetening moment was when I got home from work, I saw it on her table. It is a normal, adult looking library card, but when I flipped it over, she had signed her name on the back in her best 4 year old signature. Gave me the biggest smile I have had all day. I am glad she loves books so much. With some luck, she always will.

Edna and Marc made me feel good inside my heart.

Thanks for that.

All of you Songfactors make my day!....Also I'd like to add, my daughter survived celebrating her 21st birthday!....Yes she went out with her friends, and yes I had to give her a speech before she went...What sweetens my day is she actually listened!...the next night, we all went out to dinner...I was going to order her a glass of wine....She was quick to reply NO!....LOL...I'm guessing probably still hungover?... :smirk: