What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

Kenne,

When did your old cat return or where did you find it?

I don't remember you announcing anything about it.

I remember very early in the year you saying you were getting the new kitten to take the place of your cat that disappeared a couple months before that.

I had a cat that did that stopped using the litter box too but I couldn't bear to part with him since he was with me for so long.

I had to shampoo the rugs a lot until he started using the same spot on the kitchen floor where a piece of linoleum was ripped off. That was a little better.

For the longest time I kept putting layers of newspapers and paper towels on the spot and just kept changing it after he used it.

Then, when I moved away, my daughter didn't keep up with changing it often and he started using the rug again.

When I moved back home, I made a spot in the basement for him at night and let him stay outside all day.

When he was in the basement away from the other cats, he used the litter box. I also made sure I cleaned it twice a day so it would always be fresh.

When I did have kittens in the house, he tried to use the litter box once in a while but the kittens would climb in the box too and he couldn't get a private moment causing him to jump out and not use it.

He died of old age about a year later. It was stressful but death is something you must deal with eventually when you adopt a pet.

I hope someone will adopt your cat soon.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had 2 cats before, one that disappeared in December and then the other that I just got rid of yesterday. I replaced the runaway with the kitten a few months later, and the kitten is my only cat now.

I tried many of the same steps you did, but no luck, even put in a second litter box in one of her problem areas. I put up with the problem for 2 or 3 years and the cat was very mean, would hiss at me whenever I pet her, if she were a nice loving cat, I would've kept her. I'm sorry to hear about your cat's death, I know how hard it can be and thanks for your concern / input.

My downstairs neighbor called the humane society and said that I was abusing my dog (keeping him inside all day, screaming at him, beating him, etc.) I was quite offended, if there's one thing I love more than music, it's my dog. I treat him better than I treat myself sometimes. So, not only do I have to go to court now for the whole noise violation thing, but I also have to go to court to defend the fact that my dog is well fed, gets plenty of exercise, and is treated like a god among men(well, dogs). Oh man, October can't come fast enough (Got approved for a new apartment and can get the hell out of here).

Same neighbor? It sounds like you just got more ammunition to use against him (chronic complaints). Maybe he's got the mandolin mixed up with the dog? Or the dog with the mandolin. Maybe they can combine the cases & you can bring both the mandolin & the dog to court with you as evidence. It would be interesting anyway! ;)

Same neighbor? It sounds like you just got more ammunition to use against him (chronic complaints). Maybe he's got the mandolin mixed up with the dog? Or the dog with the mandolin. Maybe they can combine the cases & you can bring both the mandolin & the dog to court with you as evidence. It would be interesting anyway! ;)

Yeah, same guy. He complained a few months ago about the dog barking (he was a freaking puppy) and we almost had to get rid of him because he complained so much that we got in trouble with the landlord. So, since that didn't work, I guess he figured he'd try something new.

The funny thing is, he never walks his dog or anything cause he's disabled. I've literally seen the thing once in the last two months and that was when he brought it home after buying it. Urrgggh. I just wanna stab something. Helloooooo violent video games. :D

hmmmm... I just filed a complaint with the humane society on someone who's keeping three small dogs in a small cage outside their house in the side yard where there is no air circulating, the temp is 115, these poor mutts have no food, and water in a metal dish that is hotter than blazes.

I found out about the dogs on Sunday and called the humane society then. They were so inundated with calls that I don't know if they got to the house. So me and my kid went by again yesterday and the cage was empty, we figured they'd taken them away. Today, the dogs are back out there, so I got mad. :mad: :mad:

I hope this woman gets a citation and the dogs get removed. I've a hankering to go do it myself.

I almost opened all the cages last time I went into a shop where they sell cats and dogs. They were in such conditions I had to go to the police and tell them about that shop... it seems I wasn't the first one to complain.

No living being deserves that. And people who make money selling animals and keeping them in cages like they sold slaves 300 years ago should go to jail themselves...

Hopefully they get around to doing something about it. I realize that they are busy there though.

yay! the Humane Society cop called me just now to verify the address... they're on their way out there now. I hate to say this, but I actually hope the dogs are there right now so she'll be sure and catch 'em. At the same time, I also hope they haven't been subjected to this torture again today...

yay! the Humane Society cop called me just now to verify the address... they're on their way out there now. I hate to say this, but I actually hope the dogs are there right now so she'll be sure and catch 'em. At the same time, I also hope they haven't been subjected to this torture again today...

Lady, you are my hero for the day. :bow:

I don't know if it'll make you feel any better, RT, but my guy's professor at college told him a story yesterday about the first time he used a computer to write his dissertation.

Said he knew NOTHING about computers, and was 5 1/2 hours into the writing, hit a button and the thing went away. He said he hadn't saved it at all, because he thought computers were so smart they just memorized what you were typing while you typed it.

Save your paper for next year - or sell it to another student next semester. :grin: