How cold is it where you are?

Mike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spring arrived today at 7:44 am, but not without one last word from Old Man Winter. About 6:44 am today I went outside to bring in the newspaper and it started snowing, then it snowed harder and harder...it became blizzard-like. We were in mid-Winter form with snow clinging to everything in sight and accumulating quickly.

Spring couldn't do this to me.

I was driving to work in the snow and just before the magic hour when spring was to arrive...the snow stopped. At 7:44 am the snow was done, Winter had passed and I knew we could greet the new season.

Near 60 and sunny tomorrow.

Personally , I think it's good to see some of these nasty winters that I ( and generations before me ) remember 20+ years ago come back . Maybe things aren't quite as bad as they seem , climatically , then . :) Real Spring weather (comfortable day and night ) never came before mid-April, at least .

Today's back to gray and cool, about 40°. We broke 60° yesterday unofficially on my front porch thermometer. The first lawn mowing of 2009. I had to move my boat off the lawn and into the drive way, my son and I even managed to squeeze a few sets of tennis in, the courts were packed!!

• 3 weeks later...

It's supposed to get up to 80 by the end of the week. I can't wait. Then I can gripe cause it to hot :laughing:

I hope you and yours are enjoying your visit to our lovely state Marc. I hope you get the chance to visit some of the areas outside of Portland.

We have some beautiful waterfalls, forests, and natural parks fairly close to the city. Hope you get the chance for a little site seeing outside the city :D