favourite bowie album?

mr blonde

The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars is my favourite Bowie album. I also love Aladdin Sane (my avatar :D ), Diamond Dogs, Space Oddity, Hunky Dory, Let's Dance, etc.

Ziggy Stardust is my favourite because it is a great album from start to finish. Every track on it is great, there's no throw aways or fillers. I really love glam rock, and Bowie in his glam rock phase is really something.

Edited by Guest

I always go against popular vote here, I love Aladdin Sane...Cracked Actor could be my favorite song of all time, but that's a toss up.

I'd probably go with The man Who Sold The World next, followed by Ziggy.

Diamond Dogs and Hunky Dory are next.

Maybe higher than this on the list, I'd put Pin-Ups...a real rocker..Bowies favorite British 60's hits covered by the spiders.

I forgot The Man Who Sold The World! I too love Pin-Ups, Bowie does a cover of The Easybeats Friday On My Mind that is fantastic.

I've mentioned this before, but I love Bowie & The Spiders' cover of Waiting For The Man, it is live on the Almost Famous Soundtrack, but I have no idea where it comes from originally.

I have had Waiting For The Man on bootlegs for years...I own a number of different versions. It appears on the following efforts:

Bowie At The Beeb

David Bowie BBC Sessions 1969-1972 [sampler]

RarestOneBowie

Santa Monica '72

The Forgotten Songs of David Robert Jones

Get Bowie at the Beeb if you don't already have it..it is a must for true Bowie fans.

• 7 months later...

Mr Blonde, is that a avatar of The Cookie Monster smokin' a doober, or is it Grover all fat & disgruntled. Anyways, sorry to see him so sad. I would have to go along with "Ziggy" for best album, but I did like "Let's Dance" since most of the other songs at the time, were pretty much forgettable.

• 3 weeks later...