Rate the Food!

Batman

9/10 : I've never understood the attraction to long stays in the bathroom ...!?!? :confused: What the Hell are people doing in there , anyway ? Is it such a lovely place to be ? :stars: :laughing:

A Prime rib roast of Angus beef , medium , Yorkshire pudding , gravy , mash , and a tossed green salad with a simple but flavorful vinegrette ( perhaps a little Balsimic vinegar ) .

(I've never tried a steak and kidney pie -- on my list to do , though ! )

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood the attraction to long stays in the bathroom ...!?!? :confused: What the Hell are people doing in there , anyway ? Is it such a lovely place to be ? :stars: :laughing:

Me neither. Unless it´s a foam bath and you can relax in the tub for some 15 minutes... if it´s more, it can be boring too...

Its genetic. I put my kids to bed recently, then went up 2 hours later to check on them to find my eldest lad welded to the pot with his head in a book.....

Kevin - are you on a British food 'tip' at the moment? If so, you will doubtlessly be choosing curry next....

Regards

No , I mean't the toilet , Edna ... some people find that a relaxing place to be and they'll take their time . Do you know what I mean ? Not taking a bath .

I know what you mean, I also hate it when people disappear into the toilet with MY newspaper... and I have to wait half an hour to read it... disgusting... but in Spain, toilets and bathrooms are the same (well, we also have a just-toilet...)

Well, many people refer to it as Italian wedding soup. Escarole is a tender leafy green. The base of the soup is usually very hearty beef stock mixed with chicken stock and the vegetables used in making the broth. Then little tiny meatballs are added along with a very small pasta like acina pepe. Before serving egg and cheese are poured on top of the soup. It's delicious.

Edited by Guest

Its genetic.

I think it's quite gender-ic. MY son, who is no biological relation to any of my family (which, by the way, has two male people and both spend ridiculous amounts of time in the loo) takes a lifetime in the bathroom. He didn't get that from me!

10/10 for anything delicious, Laurie :grin:

I had alligator a few weeks ago... was actually quite good, and I didn't have the guilt about eating something that in itself is an eating machine.