Common Links

MindCrime

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

albums that the late Nicky Hopkins played piano on.

Hey, the new kid's pretty f***in' good at this. And I like his taste in music.

FYI - There's a band called Mr. Crow's Garden playing at the Staircase on Monday, March 14 (tickets go on sale today - estimate about 30 bucks each). The band is actually the Robinson Brothers and the remnants of the BLACK CROWES. :bow: :bow: :bow: I opine that they will ROCK THE F***IN' HOUSE in that little joint, man!

I SHALL BE THERE!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

ok Brad this one is driving me crazy :: I hope someone gets it soon....im just gonna take a wild guess, ummm they all played at the same place?....maybe new york city?

Give everyone time to check in, Laurie. The post has only been up for 12 hours. If it's not guessed by tomorrow, I'll post a hint. :thumbsup:

MiamiSammy29 wrote:

Hey, the new kid's pretty f***in' good at this. And I like his taste in music.

Thanks for the compliment. I like your taste in Pro football team, even though they let us all down this year.

FYI - There's a band called Mr. Crow's Garden playing at the Staircase on Monday, March 14 (tickets go on sale today - estimate about 30 bucks each). The band is actually the Robinson Brothers and the remnants of the BLACK CROWES. I opine that they will ROCK THE F***IN' HOUSE in that little joint, man!

Thanks for the info. My life's in a bit of a mess right now, so I plan it day by day. But if everything's fine when that day comes, I'll try to make it. Sounds like a good show.

Wow, this a hard one... could it be there´s vehicles mentionned in the albums?

Yellow SUBMARINE (Beatles)

MOTORCYCLE song (Arlo Guthrie)

Used CARS (Boss)

Not quite, Edna. But you're getting warmer. You were just looking at the wrong songs.

Here's another clue:

The songs that make these three artists a common link are:

The Beatles: Yellow Submarine

Arlo Guthrie: Alice's Restaurant Massacre

Bruce Springsteen: Highway Patrol

And don't guess that they all have something to do with police officers, cuz that's not the answer I'm looking for.

It's not the lyrics in the song that make the artists a common link, but the songs themselves. ;)

Sammy wrote:

They were all names of movies

Not quite, Sammy. :thumbsdown:

But since you were close, here's the answer:

All 3 artists had movies that were based on their songs.

The Beatles - Yellow Submarine

Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant

and for a bonus question, can anyone tell me which movie was adapted from Bruce's song "Highway Patrol"?

It's not Highway Patrol.

Here's a hint: It was released in 1991 and it was Sean Penn's debut as a writer-director.

probably an easy one...since i dont have the patience to do research for difficult ones ::

Baba O'Riley

For What It's Worth

After The Goldrush

oh and an interesting fact i heard on the radio today,just wondering if anyone else knew this...i guess it's a bonus question

How does Lucille Ball connect to the Rolling Stones?

probably an easy one...since i dont have the patience to do research for difficult ones ::

Baba O'Riley

For What It's Worth

After The Goldrush

I believe the answer to this one is that the names of the songs are never mentioned in the lyrics. Old 55, you can post the new one. Your questions are always great, and I gotta split for the night. Later, eb'rybody.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: