MindCrime

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google knows all, tells all.

[*] "This really blew my mind, the fact that me,

an overfed, long-haired leaping gnome

should be the star of a Hollywood movie" - Burdon?s self-assessment from Spill The Wine with WAR.

[*] Eric Burdon stated in his biography that he is the Egg Man. It seems he told John Lennon of a sexual experience he was involved in where an egg played a major part. After that, John called him Egg Man.

The 'eggman' was supposedly a reference to the Animals' vocalist Eric Burdon who had an unusual practice of breaking eggs over his female conquests while making love and became known amongst his musical colleagues as the 'egg man'. - from Songfacts and other sources

[*] "When the Animals first arrived in the U.S. back in 1964, they discovered graffiti on their hotel wall: ERIC BURDON IS A ******* LOVER. ?Well, yeah,? Burdon thought. ?He is. And f-ck you for not understanding that you should be, too.? Indeed, the man who made his name with The House of the Rising Sun didn?t merely rip off black music, as some of his compatriots did — he sought to explore the music instead." - from the Clark Collis Blender review of Burdon's autobiography Don?t Let Me Be Misunderstood.

You go, earth-angel !