The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten: (Special Edition: Instrumentals)

Lucky

sfc1a-1.png

Instrumental Edition[/big]

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate your two favorite instrumentals. The field is wide open, from classical to pop, rock, country ... whatever. The only real stipulation is that there are no lyrics. There may be the occasional voice or chant (such as an intro, ooh wah's, etc) but no significant lyrics ;) Easy enough. I

* Remember, these special editions are not subject to the every song list .... nominate whichever songs you wish.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For this week.

Nominate Now! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

Playlist

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel Rouser - Duane Eddy

Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson

** I did want to mention that this week is a bit jacked up as far as timing. Of course for those of us in the US we've got Thanksgiving on thursday, and I know often people travel etc over that time. Also, tuesday of this week the boards will be shut down for a few hours ( see here). We'll see how things go tomorrow, we may change things around a bit. We'll let you know. Obviously, we don't want to rush anyone as far as noms go etc.

Edited by Guest

Yellow beat me to Green Onions, so here's my second nom:

40 Miles of Bad Road - Duane Eddy

You know how sometimes a song is meaningful because you know exactly where you were when you first heard it? I had crazy good seats at Fenway park next to the visitor's dugout, and they were playing the Yankees, who were destroying my beloved Sox. Between innings, my stepfather strikes up a conversation with one of their coaches about how the Yanks were murdering the Sox. The coach said - "You hear this song? It's called 40 Miles of Bad Road. Their just going through some bad road, but it will get better."