The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Special Edition: Country)

Lucky

sfc1a-1.png

Country Edition[/big]

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that fall into what you consider country. Don't worry .... the field is pretty dern wide. Think traditional "twang", modern "new" country, country rock, alt-country, bluegrass, roots, americana .... if it's country to you, it's acceptable.

* Remember, these special editions are not subject to the every song list .... nominate whichever songs you wish.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

Nominate Now! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

Playlist

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Marty Robbins PS. Great artist choice. As for hating Country music, thats really a shame. I personally prefer Country from the 80's and 90's. I was raised on it (the really old stuff, my dad had a band) and I hated it, and hated it even more when I was a teen but then heard some I really liked and checked into it more.

Classic rock will always be my music of choice but I love hearing new stuff. Right now it's indi/alturnative that has caught my interest but Classic Rock will always be my passion :D

This speicial should be fun :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

As for hating Country music, thats really a shame.

I don't hate country music music, I just don't care for it. I'll listen to nearly anything except rap, country and disco. I live in the South, I'm bludgeoned over the head with it all the time. I can't find a jazz/smooth jazz or classical music station around here to save my soul. If I lived in Charlotte or near Charlotte there would be something, but we can't pick up their stations from here.

I gave it the old college try but it's just not my cup of tea. I'll vote on 10 songs anyway, because it would be stupid to nominate and not vote. I'm sure someone will nominate something that I'll end up liking, that's how it usually happens.

How about Blue Grass? The Southern states are well known for it and it's another kinda love or hate genre of music. I like some of it and we even have a festival here every year. A whole weekend of Blues Grass music in the park. I bet you have the best of it there tho.

When I was down South I was a teen and wasn't really interested in it and now I wish I had been ;) Missed opportunity I guess.

Raising Sand (considered Americana/Roots, which is a real genre) would be considered country, for our purposes here. There is tons of music that is not traditional country that fits the theme .... bluegrass being just one of many examples. I also said country rock. PS, I know you like the Eagles (for example). Think a little, stretch your brain. ;)

PS, I know you like the Eagles (for example).

I do like the Eagles yes, but I scanned my iPod and found a couple songs that I like that fit the theme and I posted them. No harm, no foul. I can suck it up in order to be a good sport. It wouldn't be the first time in the year and a half I've been here that I've had to do it, and it won't be the last, I'm sure. :)

So can we quit talking about me and what I like/don't like and focus on other people's nominations, please? This thread doesn't need to turn into the Pinkstones Music Debate Hour, as much as my ego needs feeding.

Agreed.

Double agreed.

And I give a huge :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and one or two :rockon: :rockon: to this theme. I LOVE bluegrass.

So let's rock.

I absolutely love Old & In The Way. A little Jerry Garcia with some phenomenal bluegrass musicians. And they do a great bluegrass version of this song:

"The Great Pretender"- Old & In The Way (1973)

And then a classic old song, done by two great guitarists from Alison Kraus's band, made popular in the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou". This is a version from Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival. The movie/studio version is good too.

"I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow"- Dan Tyminski & Ron Block (2006)