The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Special Edition: Country)

Lucky

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll survive :cool: Some of these songs are actually pretty good :thumbsup: more blues oriented and I can deal with it :)

:laughing: I drank some of that naptha stuff :blush: Birds in the trees singing and stuff,then they turned into bananas,then bats (multicolored too)and then they flew away (and took the trees too)All in my living room :laugh:

I think I know 2 country songs, and for the life of me, I can't remember what they are. Country music is like going to a foreign country for me - it's nice when you're over there at someone else's place, but you barely think of it when you're at home :P

Edit! I think one is about 3 wooden crosses, and the other is one of Edna's nominations. Y'all will have to wait for another week to see anything constructive outta me :grin:

I love your choices, Ron, and also the nominations made by others.

I see an "O Brother, where art thou?" theme going a li'l bit and that fits well with this thread. I have the soundtrack and it's excellent.

I never realized until I got it how many different versions of, "I'm a Man of Constant Sorrow" there were!...lol the instrumental version is kinda creepy and haunting but I love it.

Below are just two of my all-time country favs. and one of them appears briefly in the movie.

I am Weary, Let Me Rest ~ the Cox Family

He'll have to Go ~ Jim Reeves

I think I know 2 country songs, and for the life of me, I can't remember what they are. Country music is like going to a foreign country for me - it's nice when you're over there at someone else's place, but you barely think of it when you're at home :P

Edit! I think one is about 3 wooden crosses, and the other is one of Edna's nominations. Y'all will have to wait for another week to see anything constructive outta me :grin:

E-A, feel free to take my nomination and make it yours. I can nominate anything else... :)

...in case you want, of course... ;)

I'm not quibbling, I'm just surprised a heavy metal band did anything with even 1% country in it.

I didn't mean you actually, I meant we, more as me :D ..... I haven't listened to it yet, and was thinking along the same lines as you.

I still need another nomination, and I don't know what. I have the opposite problem of most. I have too many possibilities. :P

*coughHANKWILLIAMSSENIORMUSTBENOMINATEDcough*

Oh no you don't missy :beady:

Lucky if you need help deciding ask me, I know tons of CW songs that really need nominating. Just ignore Shannon she's young :angel:

I must admit tho, I love the Hank's... Family Tradition, Tear In My Beer etc........ Hell yeah :D

I really take offense to that Lea :mad:. I said Senior, not Junior, as in Why Don't You Love Me Like You Used to, I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, Kawlijah, etc. My mother listened to Hank Senior a lot when I was a child, so I am quite familiar with his music. He's probably the most important country artist of all time. I'm not all that young and I know a great deal about music.