Suggestions for Specials

Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing by Stevie Wonder is missing from both lists, it was #1 back in #233

Thanks Kenne. :) That's fixed now and Stevie Wonder's name is in red - his firsr #1 in the Top Ten.

If anyone notices any further errors, please PT Laurie or Lucky, or me (at this point).

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never done a PTT but I certainly have a small library of nominations that didn't make the Top Ten... many are artists not recognised by SF. Not because they suck, but because they're Canadian artists not known in the US.

I would have a hard time only making a list of 10 songs... :crazy:

I do like the idea though :thumbsup:

50 songs! :thumbsup:

I've seen those posts from ages ago, but I was never able to participate (due to not being online for extended periods). I could definitely trim my list to 50 songs... even if there can be no 2 songs from one artist. Choosing the best tune from each artist would be tough, but getting 50 songs together is easy. My nominations rarely make the TT unless I nominate world-reknowned bands.

Anyone up for a Canadian PTT? It'll be 2 specials at once! :wink:

many are artists not recognised by SF. Not because they suck, but because they're Canadian artists not known in the US.

not so fast, young Canadian whippersnapper.

We have a writer now who hails from Canada and is tracking down all artists Canadian. Have a taste:

Shane Volk of One Bad Son

Ian Thornley of Big Wreck

Serena Ryder

Chris Willis

Cody Hanson of Hinder

etc. etc. etc.

:headphones:

I think it'd be a good idea if this time around, the PTTs should be restricted to songs not already in the archive, so the top 10 will make it in. Though that may be a bit hard, every song I like is already in the damn thing :laughing:

I'd love to do another round of personal top tens, but I'm not a huge fan of this idea, as it would be too restrictive - it's not really your personal top ten if we are going to restrict the songs that can be nominated, especially sinceso many songs are already there. We could make the distinction that they be songs that weren't on a previous ptt of your own, basically a whole new round of songs.

Just my two cents. ;)

I think here's Steel's original idea...

When first proposing this, my thinking was that the members make a randomly ordered (alphabetical perhaps) list of their favorite songs (realizing that can change from day to day, perhaps those not picked first could start on their lists now and modify them as the spirit moves.) Whether that person EVER nominated, voted for or otherwise even indicated their appreciation of the songs on their personal list; it doesn't matter. The submitted list is the determining element. Then we all list our favs from that list in the familiar 1 - 10 order.

This provides two things: a sense, to the larger SF community, of the musical tastes of the spotlighted member AND to that member, a sense of who shares our tastes. I hoped it would be a good way to help us get to know one another better and a lot of fun, considering the quips that are very likely to arise in the process.

Ooh, have fun at the show Shawna. Would like to make it, I have a couple buddies going, but I got other stuff that needs done and dont feel like going all the way up north to Prescott.

It was beautiful in Prescott! I've never been to the old town part of it. Loved that courthouse. Wow. The concert was okay, too. ;)

Rocky's right... there's lots of new music that has come out since our last PTTs (among my favorites, Adele, Lumineers), so this would be an interesting experiment in change for a lot of us. :)

Yes, I think it's a great idea, even though I've only got one so far. :)

I believe most people would like to see the re-introduction of the PTTs though, and I think that should be made top priority after this Special.

We might get a few people (like me - so far) returning to the weekly Top Ten too. Maybe S2V Father of the PTTs, as bluesboy said.

I don't like the covers idea very much. It would let lots of versions of the same song into the Top and people might vote for the song instead of the version.

well, for instance, if someone nominates "To Love Somebody" by Janis Joplin, I wouldn't vote for it.

Though I love the song.

Besides, we might end up with 10 versions of "I Put a Spell On you", for instance.

In any case, I will do what you all decide...