The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #184

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #184 :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a two part announcement to make this week ....

First, our lovely katie, Keeper of the Facts, has come to the realization that she actually has a life, and life is intruding on her Songfacting. In an attempt to save what time she does have to contribute and play with us on the boards, she's found that the time has come to reliquish her fact checking job. A job which is honestly unsung, and many times unappreciated, but one that is terribly important, if you look at the number of facts that have been contributed to the database. One which katie took on, and has faithfully continued since May 30th 2006!! :bow:

Please, a round of applause, and as many bows and thanks as you can muster for katie ... Thank you sweetie, you done a h*ell of a job, and I hope this means we'll see you nominating and playing with us more regularly!! :bow: :thumbsup: :bow: Honestly, katie, we can't thank you enough.

Now, part two of the announcement ....

All the current team members are a bit swamped with other SF duties, and school, and work, and life. This means we are looking for a volunteer. One who would have the time, to collate the facts submitted by our members here in the thread, and submit them each week (or even every couple of weeks) for the database. If anyone would be interested, please let us know either here in the thread, or via pt. Thanks everybody, for making the Top Ten the long running success that it's been!! :)

Edna remarked to me that she preferred earlier Pink Floyd, such as Dark Side of the Moon, to Welcome To the Machine/Wish You Were Here, which made it to #1 last week. So I thought I'd take a stab at getting DSotM into the Top Ten as another complete album.

Any Colour You Like - Pink Floyd (1973)

Squeeze Me - Kraak & Smaak (2008)

"You Can't Be Too Strong" - Graham Parker and The Rumour.

"Can't Seem To Make You Mine" - The Seeds

Katie, we'll miss you :P but congrats for your job!! :bow:

:bow: :bow:

I'd love to be more helpful but then again, I couldn't compromise with keeping Katie's job on a regular way. My job, my family, my real life but mainly my computer won' t let me do it. You can never tell if Hal will want to wake up and when...

Oh No ~ Gogol Bordello (2005) Video and mp3

Sometimes when facing common trouble

When whole town is screwed

We become actually human

Act like Prometheus would

Suddenly there is more humor

And a party tabor style

People ringing one another

"Yo man, how was your blackout?"

Suddenly there is more music

Made with the buckets in the park

Girls are dancing with the flashlights

I got only one guitar!

And you see brothers and sisters

All engaged in sport of help

Making merry out of nothing

Like in refugee camp

Oh yeah! Oh no! it doesn't have to be so

It is possible any time anywhere

Even without any dough

Oh yeah! Oh no! it doesn't have to be so

Forces of the creative mind are unstoppable!

Bakerman ~ Laid Back (1990) Video and grooveshark

Video directed by Lars von Trier (in one take!), and don't worry, it's not anything like 'Antichrist' :crazy: *shudder*

the Grooveshark link contains the extended Maxi version, which is roughly two minutes longer than the single version from the video.

Bakerman... is baking bread :content:

Thanks, man. However, the Newbie Extortion biz hasn't been very lucrative lately. Things are tough all over, you know. I can't give you royalties, but I could sure use some more muscle to collect those outstanding debts.

So, what d'ya say? Would you like a part-time job? You can start by leaning on that new kid, Lissy. Eh, and just for the hell of it, go take Kevin down a peg or two.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup: