The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #167

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #167 ! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

*** Don't forget this week we're doing things just a bit differently. Your nominations should be only those artists that have never previously made the Ten. Be sure to check the Every Song List(Artists).

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clandestino - Manu Chao - 1998

I go on my own with my sorrow

On its own goes my sentence

To run s my destiny

to fool the law

Lost int he heart

of the big Babylone

They call me the (illegal immigrant) clandestine

as I have no papers

To a northern town

I went to work

I left my life

between Ceuta and Gibraltar

I´m a line in the sea

a ghost in the city

My life is forbidden

says the authority

I go on my own with my sorrow

On its own goes my sentence

To run s my destiny

to fool the law

Lost int he heart

of the big Babylone

They call me the (illegal immigrant) clandestine

I'm the one who breaks the law

Clandestine black hand

Clandestine Peruvian

Clandestine African

Marihuana illegal

Thanks for the translation edna :bow:

Fire in Freetown - K'naan - 2009

If this song comes anywhere near to making the TT this week, we have Tim to thank. He gets 99.9% credit :D

This is why I love this site. I would most likely never have heard either of these songs if I weren't a member of SF :bow:

Edited by Guest

Inní mér syngur vitleysingur ~ Sigur Rós (2008) video and mp3

the title translates to "Within me a Lunatic sings"

even though:

"One thing from an Icelander to all of you, "vitleysingur" does not translate into "lunatic", I don't really know though how you could translate it into one word but a "vitleysingur" is really more like a silly person not an insane person."

for all of you who are curious (and if you're not - why not?)

lyrics + translation

there are actually two translations on the site, one more literal and:

"The loose translation below is done by an English poet, attempting to use the feeling of the song rather than the exact conjunctions of the Icelandic to create an English approximation"

90s one hit wonder alert:

Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand ~ Primitive Radio Gods (1996) video and mp3

We sit outside and argue all night long

About a god we've never seen

But never fails to side with me

Sunday comes and all the papers say

Ma Teresa's joined the mob

And happy with her full time job

Sorry, Edna: I just swapped it for something else. :blush:

Never mind. I discovered a song and a band I like now... :cool: that´s what counts after all... Thanks, B-F... :) I´ll listen to your new nom right now...

Oh, I know that song... :cool: I used to hear it on the radio in the early 80s... I might vote for it but not as high as the previous one... ;)

Edited by Guest

I think I may have nominated "All I Know" once before, and if I did, I don't recall it doing very well. And all of a sudden I wasn't in an American Rock frame of mind. I'm expecting the Girls At Our Best album ("Pleasure", reissued after too many years in the wilderness) in the post early this week. Hence my hasty decision to change my nom.

I think I may have nominated "All I Know" once before, and if I did, I don't recall it doing very well.

Possible... I do listen to each and every nomination, except when the pc isn' t available... I might have missed it then...

See? That´s why I love to listen to every song... :cool: