What are you doing right now ? *Our own Twitter *

Kevin

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using Adobe InDesign CS2 on an Intel Mac running Mac OSX 10.5.x. (This "written for PowerPC Mac running OSX 10.4.x" DTP program seems to work fine, which it shouldn't?) Using a page layout program is MUCH better than trying to use a word processing program, in any case.

I know a lot of people hate her, but Rachel Ray is my favorite of those. She explains everything so well - even tells you what kind of knives to get and how to hold them, so I don't need to feel too stupid asking someone else at my advanced age how to hold a &*%%$ knife. I also recently learned how to peel an avocado. Yes, I'm a little sheltered.

I like Rachel Ray too. I don't understand how she arouses such contempt in some viewers. Perhaps it's because she was so plastered all over TV all of a sudden. Though her success came gradually she seemed to explode on the scene overnight. Maybe that turned some people off?

On her daily ABC talkie she seems genuine and is a very kind host to her guests, allowing them to shine and be the star of the show that day.

Anyway, like you I like her.

I think part of the reason so many people don't like her is she's grating sometimes. Her voice, her over-enthusiasm for things....sometimes people can find them annoying. I tune them out and just focus on what's cooking, but apparently a lot of people can't do that.

Right now I am typing this sentence and eating lunch. A true multi-tasker. LOL

We have had a heat wave for a couple of weeks now -33º C at 10PM- so it' s not going to be easy to get some sleep. So thanks god I got the flu and fever keeps me sleeping most of the day/night :grin:

And in case I don' t have fever -because I'm doing much better- I am looking for an old box of Ambien that I'm sure I kept somewhere among my stuff when I stopped taking sleeping pills when I lived in the other house, five or six years ago... I might spend the whole night looking for that pill but I'm sure it is somewhere...

:grin:

I think part of the reason so many people don't like her is she's grating sometimes. Her voice, her over-enthusiasm for things....sometimes people can find them annoying. I tune them out and just focus on what's cooking, but apparently a lot of people can't do that.

Rachel Ray has some really weird recipe ideas though, like Macaroni & Cheese with Almonds? Why would that be appealing to anybody. Otherwise she's a good host.

I'm posting with the pc while my husband tries to fix my mac or any other old mac we might have... :P

Now he gave up and is working on some design so I'm waiting for our friend who fixes computer to wake up from his nap and come home to try to save my G4.

Laurie, according to the "On top of spaghetti" song, if you let a meatball roll into your garden, it'll grow into a tree and grow lovely meatballs. :grin:

Yeah , dork . You're mixing up the song with the Keebler elves or something ... :laughing: ;)

Careful ,Laurie , our girl is ON the Dr. Pepper again . :P

Edited by Guest