What are you doing right now ? *Our own Twitter *

Kevin

I'm posting with my husband' s PC as the friend who was supposed to come and fix my mac didn' t show up till 9PM (on the phone) so he said he' d be coming today.

I also might have to start to work again tomorrow, after my holidays and my flu. I got a bit used to dolce far niente...

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm posting with my husband' s PC as the friend who was supposed to come and fix my mac didn' t show up till 9PM (on the phone) so he said he' d be coming today.

I also might have to start to work again tomorrow, after my holidays and my flu. I got a bit used to dolce far niente...

One can't expect fast or timely service in Spain - nor France , Italy or Greece for that matter , can they ? I don't know how you people can keep your countries running . Somehow you do , though, and general satisfaction is higher in all the above compared to N. America . :D :stars:

Was it the Swine Flu , edna ?

Was it the Swine Flu , edna ?

Funny, that' s what the doctor asked me too... :stars:

Me: I think I got the flu

Dr: The "A" flu?

Me: I could tell you about the Bee Gees writing a song for Otis Redding and him dying before he could record it... or about the many covers of Screaming Jay Hawkins' "I Put A Spell On You" ... or even about the Spanish pop movement in 78/84 but I think it's you who should tell me about my flu...

She wasn't nice at all, oh no... I still ignore what sort of flu I had, they didn' t even check...

So yes, maybe it was a Swine Flu... cause I never ever had 40º fever for a week in my whole life. But as far as I can tell, I have no idea really...

Don't say that ! The Americans are having a heated health care debate right now , and I'd like to see some kind of coverage for those who can't afford it, and need it ,come in . National health care systems are being used as functional/dysfunctional models . Nasty , uncaring doctor stories will not help ! :)

We have a very good health system in Spain, I must admit.They're often overwhelmed and ask stupid questions and lack of stuff but at least anybody will get a doctor if they need care.

Now, I cannot say I had a swine flu cause then I won' t be able to go back to work for at least 2 more weeks... and besides, I have no idea.

Oh, I won' t say anything bad about America because I love America, mainly today and tomorrow, as tomorrow is the anniversary of the Battle of Paris... Paris was liberated from the nazis by the Americans on August 25th. There were other foreign troops and the Free French Army as well, but had the D Day been a failure, maybe we wouldn't be here posting today...

I'm not asking nor provoking you to say anything bad about America . I'm just stating what is going on now.

Well , we might not have been - but the Cold War would have been just Germany v.s. N .America ( a very short one ) which would go badly for Germany , and likely would have also busted from inside eventually . Don't forget : an atom bomb or ten over Germany would have tuned them in soon enough . Their's was still 5 years behind .

Oh really?...I remember it as "it rolled into the garden and under a bush, then my poor meatball was nothing but mush"....

Is there another verse?.... :P

On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese

I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed

it rolled off the table and onto the floor

and then my poor meatball rolled out of the door

it rolled in the garden and under a bush

and then my poor meatball was nothing but mush

the mush was as tasty, as tasty could be

and early next summer it grew into a tree

the tree was all covered with beautiful moss

it grew lovely meatballs and tomato sauce

so if you eat spaghetti all covered with cheese

hold on to your meatball and don't ever sneeze

I'm wondering what should I do. The guy who fixes the computers came unexpected (I was waiting for him this morning, not now) and after he installed some cds full speed, the remaining hard drive collapsed too... :P :P

So now my mac is completely broken...

Then he said he had to go somewhere to pick up his wife and buy some furniture and he left in a hurry, leaving the computer unable to do anything nor start up with the old drive.

So I'm calling a shop to ask about pcs and prices and assuming I lost my 3000 files with songs, pictures, etc....