The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #158

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #158 ! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this week, a couple of genuine Australian classics:

Evie (Part One) - Stevie Wright (1974)

... that's the lead singer from the Easybeats, and the song is written and produced by his old bandmates Vanda and Young (aka Flash and the Pan), the guys who were responsible for the early AC/DC.

Flame Trees - Cold Chisel (1984)

... the definitive OzRock band and a song that pulls the tears from my eyes every time. The moment where the lyrics reach their peak is perfectly matched with the gorgeous key change and that dropped bar. A very rare song that my wife and I both love love love.

LBBB

I was going to nominate Dissident, but when I looked at their list of songs already in, I was surprised to find Daughter (along with any songs from the Vs. album) hasn't made it in yet.

you're right, we can't have that :)

The child in that song obviously has a learning difficulty. And it's only in the last few years that they've actually been able to diagnose these learning disabilities that before were looked at as misbehaviour, as just outright f***ing rebelliousness. But no one knew what it was. And these kids, because they seemed unable or reluctant to learn, they'd end up getting the s**t beaten outta them. The song ends, you know, with this idea of the shades going down — so that the neighbours can't see what happens next. What hurts about s**t like that is that it ends up defining peoples' lives. They have to live with that abuse for the rest of their lives. Good, creative people are just f***ing destroyed.

alone,

listless

breakfast table in an otherwise empty room

a young girl

violins

center of her own attention

mother, reads aloud

child, tries to understand it

tries to make her proud

the shades go down

it's in her head

painted room

can't deny there's something wrong...

adeadenemyalwayssmellsgood ~ Future of the Left (2007) Video

now that's great noise rock :rockon:

I would mention how you should pay attention to the riff, but that's pretty obvious if you listen :D

The Impression That I Get ~ The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (1997) Video

I never had to knock on wood

and I'm glad I haven't yet

because I'm sure it isn't good

- that's the impression that I get

I already mentioned that we should have more ska in the Tens, yes? :)