The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #86

Lucky

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great top 10 :thumbsup: Looks like my two time winning streak has ended. But my two weeks in a row placing was pretty good for a newbie :grin: . I think I voted for at least four of those songs and at least two of them were songs I wanted to put on my list.

Glad to see the Harrison song made it. I think it was 11th on my list.

I'm pleased with the entire ten! One of my own nominations made it ( George Harrison), but two others please me even more. I've wanted Season of the Witch in there forever, and we finally have gotten Poco into the Top Ten! :thumbsup:

Good... do you know how much hassle it is to colour every single line seperately? :shades: ;)

Actually Fin, I have a bit of a clue...try updating the Every Song thread... some red, some blue...and don't forget to do them each twice!! ;)

If you don't believe me, take a look at the Every Song That's Made The Top Ten thread. It's all updated for this week! :)

After checking the Archives tally, this is probably irrelevant, but Everlasting Love would have got my vote if the less sucessful Robert Knight version had been nominated. Less poppy, more moving, and I had considered nominating it previously myself.

The later Carl ("She's a Bad Mama Jama ") Carlton cover is pretty good as well.

[smallest] from Wikipedia [/smallest]:

Everlasting Love … was first recorded by Robert Knight, whose minor success with the song in 1967 was eclipsed when Love Affair's version topped the UK singles chart in 1968. Theirs entered the UK chart on 3 January that year, and that by Knight on 17 January, for two weeks, reaching no higher than No. 40.

Knight's version was re-issued in the UK, and made the charts again in 1974. It had however reached No. 13 in the US in the autumn of 1967, and a reissue in the UK in spring 1974 saw it rise to No. 19.

[smallest]and[/smallest]

Carl Carlton saw … his first major hit, a disco-tinged remake of Robert Knight's Everlasting Love that went to #6 on the U.S. pop music charts.

Martin, the trouble is I only hear them once or twice when you put them on 'Prospective Nominations' and that's not enough to really appreciate them. I downloaded 'Idlewild Blues' and have played it a fair bit, and I'd definitely vote for that now if you renominate it. Also, the Sandi Thom I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker...

Radhi, I have to admit I'd never heard of Goldfrapp before. :grin:

Not too many years ago the TV used to be on the 'Countdown' Top Songs/Clips all Saturday morning in our house, so I 'sort of' kept in touch with new music, but it doesn't happen anymore.

I would like to see some more 'recent' music in the Tens. Keep trying, but you'll have to educate us slowly. I admire you both for 'hanging in' there.

:headphones: